Encore is an industry-leading, full-service fire protection company serving the Northeast with offices from Maine to New Jersey and over 900 employees. We are searching for a dynamic IT Manager to support our rapidly growing business. The role will be based in our Pawtucket, Rhode Island headquarters and report to the Company's CFO.
The IT Manager will manage one in-house IT Specialist in addition to our third-party managed service provider while being responsible for the successful deployment and maintenance of hardware / software as well as ensuring Encore's security protocols are effectively deployed and maintained across the entire IT infrastructure.
This is an opportunity to play a meaningful role that will directly contribute to the continuous growth of the largest full-service fire protection company in the Northeast. This role will be challenging but extremely rewarding.
Who you are:
There are certainly technical skills required to do this job well, however, we have identified a more than a few common characteristics in the A-Players on our team, across all departments that we consider more heavily:
- Passionately committed to the success of themselves, their team, and Encore;
- Understanding that sometimes it takes a little extra to get the job done; whether that means staying late, coming in early, taking on an additional project or helping a teammate finish an assignment of theirs;
- Unwavering belief that putting in that extra effort does not go unnoticed in the long run;
- A natural desire to be part of a team but an even stronger desire to be the best on said team;
- Willingness to try new things, admit mistakes, adapt and change.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or MIS degree.
- 5-7 years of demonstrated success in desktop support, asset deployment, tracking and inventorying processes.
- High-level knowledge of popular desktop software packages (Microsoft Office, Adobe Cloud Suite, etc) and desktop/mobile Operating Systems (Windows, Mac O/S, iOS, Android, etc.).
- mobile device management solutions
- Organizational and security administration experience.
- Knowledge of hardware diagnostic software, computer security (virus, malware, phishing, etc.) and backup and restore techniques,
- Working knowledge of enterprise audio-visual systems and video conferencing hardware/software.
- Comprehensive understanding of distributed computer networking environments and their supporting networking technologies (both wired and wireless). Advanced hardware/software troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication and time management skills. Ability to learn quickly.
- Excellent client service and ability to multi-task
As a company, Encore is hyper-focused on developing a culture that thrives on success and is energized by the fact that we get to make peoples' lives better and safer each day. One of the ways we do this is by generously rewarding all those who contribute to our continued growth. But we also believe that not all rewards are monetary. Here are just a few a few perks that a successful individual in this role can expect:
- Salary commensurate with experience with opportunity for a results-driven bonus based on personal output and effectiveness in role
- Purpose and results driven work environment (work smarter not harder)
- We dress for the objective which means most days we wear jeans but occasionally we wear suits. As long as you know which situations require which (or aren't afraid to ask), you'll be all set!
- Speaking of attire, we offer all employees Encore gear when they join the team
- Freedom to express ideas - a culture of willingness to test, try, modify, adopt, enhance, improve and CHANGE as needed
- Access to leading edge web-based productivity tools
- Participation in Fidelity 401(K) that includes employer match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits through Blue Cross
- Company-paid life insurance policy of $50,000
Encore Fire Protection is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Encore Fire Protection is an E-Verify Employer
As an EEO/AA employer, Encore Fire Protection considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status
Encore Fire ProtectionPawtucket, RI
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.