- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Respiratory Therapist provides respiratory therapy treatment and patient care according to hospital, state, professional, and federal regulations and guidelines. In addition, the position creates an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by safely providing patient-centered care and treatment.
Job Code: 100134
License or Certification:
- Current State License in Respiratory Therapy.
- CPR certification
- ACLS certification preferred.
Education, Training, and Years of Experience:
- 2 years of hospital experience in Respiratory Therapy is preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes lifting, testing, tightening medical supplies and equipment, and transferring and repositioning patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and pulling is undertaken, which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and to walk.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch is required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code, including wearing an ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and weekends, evenings, and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during, or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 24430 Millstream Drive, Aldie 20105
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2221610
24430 Millstream DriveAldie, VA
HealthcareView all jobs at Encompass Health
Get fresh Full Time Respiratory Therapist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.