Encompass Health Bakersfield, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for:
- Providing direct patient care to inpatients
- Supervising care, treatment and services of patient care provided by LPNs, RNTs/CNAs, and other staff on assigned unit and shift
- Assessing and reassessing of patients
- Communicating appropriate information with the interdisciplinary team
- Reporting patient concerns and changes in condition to the supervisor and/or physician in a timely manner
- Creating a plan of care that is individualized to patient needs and is reflective of patient goals.
License or Certification:
- Current RN licensures appropriate to state regulations
- CPR certification (ACLS preferred)
- CRRN certification preferred
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- One year of experience in inpatient hospital setting preferred
- Inpatient rehabilitation experience preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature-controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Our approach to post-acute care sets us apart. We firmly believe that every success starts with our dedicated team of professionals, so we make sure they are empowered with the tools they need to help our patients be successful. Innovative technologies, advanced therapies, customized treatment plans, coordinated care teams – these are all part of our promise to deliver the highest level of care.
As a national leader of post-acute care, Encompass Health offers facility-based and home-based patient care through our network of inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, home health agencies and hospice agencies. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cost-effective care across the post-acute continuum. Driven by a set of shared values, Encompass Health is the result of the union between HealthSouth Corporation and Encompass Home Health & Hospice. Our approach to post-acute care sets us apart. We firmly believe that every success starts with our dedicated team of professionals, so we make sure they are empowered with the tools they need to help our patients be successful. Innovative technologies, advanced therapies, customized treatment plans, coordinated care teams – these are all part of our promise to deliver the highest level of care.