Patient Assessment Standards Coordinator (PRN/nonexempt)
- Per Diem
The PASC will assure the accurate extraction of data from the clinical documentation. To perform this task the PASC will:
- Use discretion and independent judgment
- Coordinate the process of providing accurate and timely data to the appropriate entities involved for Medicare patients.
- Oversees all aspects of data collection on the IRF-PAI.
- Ensures the presence of supporting documentation
- Work closely with CNO and DTO to ensure compliance with CMS guidelines
- Educate staff on proper and accurate documentation as it applies to the IRF PAI.
- Develops and interprets policies and procedures and acts as the primary resource for immediate problem solving in regards to FIM scoring and CARE coding.
This position requires a positive working relationship as well as serving as an educator to the medical staff.
Job Code: 101015
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
License or Certification:
- Clinical licensed professional such as nurse, therapist, case management or other allied health provider
- FIM certified
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Appropriate to licensure , i.e., bachelors, associates degree or allied health degree as required for licensure
- 1 year experience in the healthcare setting
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Adheres to CMS and JC standards
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines, monitor processes or educate staff.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Encompass HealthSugar Land, TX
HealthcareView All Encompass Health Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.