At Encoded, we are combining the precision of gene regulation with the versatility of gene therapies to create breakthrough treatments for individuals living with severe genetic diseases. We focus on delivering life-changing advances for individuals with genetic disorders not addressable with current approaches. Encoded Therapeutics is funded by world-class healthcare investors Venrock, Arch Venture Partners, Illumina Ventures, and Matrix Capital Management. For more information, please visit www.Encoded.com.
This is a unique opportunity to work at the intersection of genomics and therapeutics and participate in the development of a diverse therapeutic pipeline driven by a transformative core technology.
We are seeking a Research Associate II or Senior Research Associate level candidate to join a talented team in the downstream purification process development group. A qualified candidate will perform and be involved in downstream purification process development, scale-up, viral clearance, technology transfer activities and process characterization activities in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Strong operational experience with AKTA Pure, Avant or Pilot systems is required
- Relevant experience in the following purification or separation techniques: Harvest cell culture fluid depth filtration, tangential flow-filtration, column chromatography techniques such as affinity, ion-exchange, multimodal or hydrophobic interaction chromatography
- Assist in the execution of phase appropriate process development and characterization-based activities for our first AAV program: process improvements, material supply generation, scale down model qualification, risk assessments, pre-characterization experiments, viral clearance studies and early development of the PPQ and commercial process control strategy.
- Generate, evaluate and maintain critical data in a highly organized manner. Author/revise/contribute to SOPs, technical reports, process descriptions, study reports, risk assessment documents, process characterization documents and control strategy documents as needed.
- Collaborate within cross-functional teams such as Upstream Process Development, Analytical Development, MSAT, Quality, MFG, Regulatory Affairs and CMOs to support activities and requirements.
- Analyze data and prepare scientific presentations to both internal group meetings and outside multidisciplinary teams as needed.
- Assist in execution of analytical based assays such as ELISA, HPLC or other in-process assays to facilitate process understanding and support process characterization
- Must have a drive to troubleshoot process challenges, learn new and emerging AAV technologies with a strong sense of initiative
- B.S or M.S. in a relevant area of specialization (biochemistry, chemical engineering, biochemical engineering, biological sciences or virology)
- 2-5 years of industry experience in a process development setting and/or strong academic track record with in-depth experience in purification of viral vectors, viral vaccines or large molecule biologics
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential and effective interpersonal, technical discretion and ability to multitask effectively are strongly desired
- Proficient in Microsoft based Windows programs such as Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Familiarity with Unicorn, Empower, JMP, SoftMax Pro and GraphPad Prizm is desired
- Comprehensive benefits package, including competitive employer premium contributions
- Meaningful stock option grants
- PTO, sick time and holiday pay
- Generous Parental Leave program
- Pre-tax medical and dependent care programs
- LTD, Life and AD&D
- Professional development opportunities
- Team-building events
- Fully stocked kitchen
Encoded Therapeutics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Encoded is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Encoded are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion or belief, color, national origin, gender, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the location in which we operate. Encoded will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Encoded encourages applicants of all ages.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 650-491-0272.