Outdoor Adventure Manager
- Expired: December 02, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you outgoing, energetic, passionate, and authentic? Enchantment Resort is the perfect spot for you!
At Enchantment, we work together to create and deliver extraordinary experience for all guests and team members here at the resort. Our culture is fast-paced, collaborative, inclusive, engaging, and we have one of the best views you'll ever find! Come join us!
How you will enjoy your day:
Assist the Director of Outdoor Adventure in managing the Trail House Operation ensuring that all tours, bike rentals, and special events exceed guest expectations. Maintain a positive relationship with the US Forest Service, National Parks Service, and compliance with reporting requirements associated with the resort's permits.
- Assist the Director of Adventure & Activities with annual business plan, cap ex, and operating budget while monitoring monthly expenses for the department.
- Assist the Director of Adventure & Activities to ensure the resorts' management objectives, policies and procedures are compliant.
- Oversees and comply with USFS Special Use Permit including but not limited quarterly trail use report, quarterly USFS billing, insurance, first aid CPR reports, etc.
- Oversees and comply with NPS Commercial Use Permit including but not limited to insurance, DOT vehicle requirements, national park mandates, etc.
- Follows all USFS and Company safety and emergency procedures ensuring that all guides are CPR certified, Leave No Trace compliant, vehicle insurance requirements are up to date w/ guides, and understands accident reporting and prevention policies.
- Effectively hires, trains, cross trains, coach, schedules, and manages Trail House Ambassadors, Hiking Guides, and Grand Canyon Guides.
- Responsible for inventory management i.e., guides, vehicles, hiking equipment, trails, uniforms, supplies, etc.
- Ensuring that all guests are "paired" with a guide that best matches "guest profile" for all hiking tours.
- Implement and reinforce Forbes training ensuring team members meet or exceed Forbes standards.
- Together with Dir. of Adventure acts as the point person for all VIP hike and bike tours, corporate group tours/events, and Enchantment Group corporate hike and bike tour requests.
- Reviews payroll for the Ambassadors, Hike Guides, and Grand Canyon Guides in a timely manner.
- Ensure company procedures for Flybook, V1, cash handling, and payment for services are being followed.
- Oversees contributions to the Boynton Canyon Preservation Fund.
- Assist with the planning and execution outdoor programs, projects, special events and activities designed to increase the number of hiking and biking excursions from the Trail House.
- Covers shift as needed
- Offer coverage on a busy front desk to answer guest questions about various natural resource topics, outdoor adventure and recreation, and provide information.
- Execute bi-annual hiking guide department meetings.
- Ordering Trail House operating supplies, uniforms, and other purchases as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Supervision Exercised: Act as the Adventure & Activities Department main conduit when the Director is off property. Oversee Adventure Advisors, Hiking Guides, and outside contractors for special events.
Supervision Received: Director of Adventure & Activities
Responsibility & Authority:
- Ability to deal effectively with all departments by collaborating with team members.
- Maintain outside business contacts within the community to include associations that relate to the Activities area
- Represent the resort for outside vendor Orientations and meetings
Must have strong leadership skills, organizational skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to perform in a fast-paced detailed environment. Must be flexible, able to prioritize and multitask in a timely manner. Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university. Prior management experience: outdoor activities preferred. Knowledge of Sedona trail system preferred. Computer skills required. Proficient in V1 software preferred. Ability to work in a team environment a must. Must be certified in CPR/ First Aid. Safety sensitive position. Must be willing to work holidays and weekends aligned with the hospitality industry.
Enchantment Group Management Company LLCEnchantment Group Management Company LLC
Get fresh Resort Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!