Overall Scope of the Position:
The position is full time, year round, with benefits. This position is responsible for guest service and satisfaction, overseeing the smooth operation of the reservation/registration process and the retail gift shop with the Store Manager. For the summer season, this is accomplished by, training, coaching and motivating a staff of seasonal team members. Additionally, the position is responsible for opening/closing, cash management, bank deposits and basic accounting.
- Adheres to OFCR operating policies and standards for guest service excellence. Ensures quality of guest reservations, check-in, check-out and all on-property service in cooperation with outside Grounds Managers.
- Assists reservations team in answering guest reservations calls.
- Resolves team member and guest problems or complaints per standard operating practices and refers complex problems to the General Manager.
- Participates with supervising, training and coaching registration and retail team members in cooperation with co-managers. Provides positive as well as constructive feedback to staff members. Recommends disciplinary action to General Manager.
- Ensures that production and morale levels of staff remain optimal. Apportion work among team members to effectively manage tasks.
- Provide for the safety of team members, guests, company property and assets.
- Opens/closes lodge, gift shop and rental building according to established procedures. Manages cash drawers, ATM, safe and credit card processing. Produces nightly close out reports.
- On a rotating basis with co-managers, prepares daily deposit and performs daily reconciliation accounting.
- During the off season: September through mid-June
- Perform all duties of seasonal summer staff. Assists with keeping the lodge clean and, on occasion, assist grounds with cleaning sites, shoveling snow, cleaning bathrooms, cabins or cottages and pumping gas. May also be requested to perform minor maintenance tasks such as painting and light grounds work.
- Organizes, plans and implements Special Events with co-managers.
- Ongoing improvement duties & new idea projects to make campground run smoother.
- May also include - website updating, organization, sales of advertising and layout of campground gazette.
Must be available to work different shifts, between the hours of 7:30 AM and 10:00 PM from Memorial Day through Labor Day with two weekdays off. In the off season, must be available to work until 6:00 PM, with two days off (split days off if one is a weekend day).
- Three years supervisory or management experience and exceptional customer service experience required.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, a desire to provide exceptional guest service, excellent organizational skills, and be able to work well under pressure with a variety of people.
- Good computer skills and excellent interpersonal skills required.
- Business office experience preferred.
- Must have a cheerful and positive attitude.
- Energetic, hands-on, flexible individual.