IT Specialist I
EnLinx West Valley City, UT
- Expired: September 23, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Information Technology (IT) Specialist I position installs, modifies and makes minor repairs to personal computer hardware and software systems, and provides technical advice and support to system users.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Provides telephone, in-person and online support to end-users, acting as first responder for hardware (PC's, Printers, Scanners, Tablets, Etc.) related issues, troubleshoots and investigates problems for resolution. Escalates issues as needed
- Provides updates, status and completion information to manager and/or users, via voice mail, email or in-person communication
- Maintains equipment inventory and assets using EZofficeInventory.com
- Installs hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers and disk drives on users' premises
- Loads appropriate software packages such as operating systems, networking components and office applications.
- Manages software updates as necessary, scheduling upgrades for least impact to operations
- Performs monthly maintenance to the Cubiscan, keeps log of maintenance and related problems
- Identifies and procures the hardware and software needed to satisfy user requirements, as well as replenishment plan for all material. Assists in research and procurement of computer accessories and supplies
- Maintains user email accounts in Gsuite
- Maintains Physical Security Systems and purchase of new cameras and other security devices
- Maintains Wireless network (Unify Ubiquity)
- Supports, Troubleshoots and maintains warehouse hardware such as Computers/Laptops, Laser Printers, Barcode Scanners, Label Printers, Ipad's, RF Guns, Access Points, Televisions, Raspberry Pi's, Etc...
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Understanding of Warehouse Management Systems
- Has basic knowledge of Office 365 (excel,word,outlook, etc)
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Able to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
Education and/or Experience
- Associates degree in related technical field.
- Minimum of 2 years IT related experience.
- Must be an active team member, able to advocate for quality practices. Must have the ability to keep meticulous records of activity to track potential problems and solutions.
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Proficiency
- Time Management
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
This job generally operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
AddressWest Valley City, UT
TechnologyView all jobs at EnLinx