Job Id: 6568 # of Openings: 1
Manage the nursing care of assigned residents to maximize independence and self-direction for residents. Responsible for safety of residents under their supervision. Manages day-to-day compliance with Federal and State regulations, Center policies and procedures, and standard of practice with regard to resident care. Validates nursing staff functions within the scope of their practice and complies with regulations, policies and procedures.
- Obtains and administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques. Documents same according to Center policy and standards of practice.
- Obtains supplies and prepares equipment to aid physician during treatments and examinations of residents.
- Observes resident, records significant conditions and reactions, and notifies supervisor, family (responsible party), and physician of resident s change in condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents. Documents same according to Center policy and standards of practice.
- Takes temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other vital signs to detect deviations from normal and assess condition of resident. Notifies parties as above and documents according to Center policy and standards of practice.
- Provides supervision and directs Nursing Assistant s function in compliance with state and federal regulations and Center policies.
- Administers appropriate disciplinary action for nursing staff non-compliance with state and federal regulations and Center policies and processes.
- Keeps resident family and physician informed of any changes in resident behavior, medications, or conditions of health.
- Modifies resident care plan, care directives, Activities of Daily Living (ADL), and Aide flow sheets in conjunction with resident changes in condition.
- Current nursing licensure in the state of employment.
- One-year previous supervisory experience in hospital, SNF or other related medical facility preferred.
- Training in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices preferred.
RN (Registered Nurse)BENEFITS
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Vision Coverage
- Holiday Pay
- Sick Leave
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (Stock Bonus Program)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Employee Hardship fund