Job Id: 10551 # of Openings: 1
- Prepare pre-planned cycle menus in an efficient and effective manner to provide nutritious, good tasting, and appetizing food for residents.
- Perform food preparation tasks as assigned.
- Prepares food and serves trays as attractively as possible.
- Determine if the food prepared is of the highest possible quality in taste and flavor. Assist in planning cooking schedules for cooks/helpers and dietary aides. Confirm foods are ready on time for tray service.
- Maintain and improve standards of food storage, preparation, and services. Assist supervisor as needed in the receiving and storing of food and supplies.
- Assist in checking food supplies on food order forms as they arrive from vendors. Maintain orderly and correct storage of food items; dry, freezer, and refrigerator storage.
- Check out food and supplies as needed by dietary aides.
- Demonstrated knowledge of high standards of food preparation, sanitation, hygienic methods of food preparation and storage
- Previous experience preparing food in an institutional setting preferred. Interpersonal skills necessary to establish effective relationships with department workers, supervisors, and with other departments.
- Ability to read, write, and follow oral and written directions in English.
- Exercise sound judgment, make decisions on a daily basis, and occasionally supervise and direct the work of others.
- Demonstrates basic understanding of supervisory and management principles.
- Demonstrates competency in operating kitchen equipment.
- Moderate to heavy lifting (50 pound maximum), bending, reaching, and stooping.
- High school graduation or GED highly desirable.
- Current Food Handlers Card