Speech Language Pathologist Part-Time
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Atrium at Serenity Pointe
A tech-enabled, multi-service healthcare organization, EmpowerMe Wellness is on a mission to improve the lives of seniors. We enrich senior living communities nationwide through our fully integrated on-site therapy, diagnostic, pharmacy, and nurse practitioner services. With a team of more than 1,000 clinicians and professionals, we focus on improving wellness and driving positive outcomes from a place of deep compassion and expertise. Headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, EmpowerMe has a presence in hundreds of communities across the country. You can find out more about us at empowerme.com.
We are seeking talented, experienced, and creative therapists who share our commitment to improving the lives of seniors, and who are ready to advance their careers to the next level by providing both therapy and phlebotomy services.
EmpowerMe Wellness will provide you with all the on-the-job training you need to provide on-site blood draws and specimen collection services for the seniors you work with. By masterfully blending these two much-needed skill sets, you can expand your professional horizons and improve your earning potential, all while delivering exceptional therapy care and providing our residents with lab results that address their biggest health concerns.
If you have the drive to provide next-level service for seniors and a courageous desire to learn the world of phlebotomy, then we want to talk to you about making EmpowerMe Wellness the next step in your career.
Please note: this role is a dual position that will report to two separate divisions at EmpowerMe Wellness, and which is offered in compliance with all accrediting agencies related to therapy and diagnostic services.
As a Speech Language Pathologist, you will be responsible for providing a full range of speech pathology services including assessment, treatment planning, and therapeutic interventions in an interdisciplinary environment consistent with the position's qualifications, professional practices, and ethical standards. You will also contribute to program development, quality improvement, and problem-solving in accordance with company-wide policies and clinical initiatives, to optimize each patient’s functional well-being and satisfaction.
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform appropriate assessment(s) and reassessment(s) of patient's functional abilities, including physical, emotional, cognitive, and sensory components to evaluate the necessity of skilled speech therapy intervention; identify and initiate clinically appropriate therapeutic intervention that is evidence-based and comprehensive to the needs of the individual patient and/or as directed by physician orders in accordance with the appropriate professional standard, applicable state/federal laws and by the company
- Educate and communicate with patients, family, and other patient care personnel regarding the individualized treatment plan for the patient; and routinely provide feedback to patients, their family member(s), and care staff personnel regarding progression, goal achievement, and discharge plans
- Identify the need for, and make, referrals to other disciplines to address the comprehensive needs of patients
- Assume supervisory responsibility and accountability for new speech language pathology graduates (in clinical fellowship year) and students in accordance with federal, state, and payer guidelines, including communication and documentation
- Assess, conduct appropriate intervention(s), and/or make recommendations to physician(s) regarding patient pain interfering with an optimal level of function of participation in rehabilitation
- Assist in training and orientation of EmpowerMe Wellness and/or community staff, as well as students, in relation to rehabilitation therapy
- Communicate professionally, clearly and maintain a good working relationship with physicians, care staff, the administrative team, and interdisciplinary teams, as well as demonstrate flexibility to ensure patient/facility/customer needs are being met
- Ensure documentation is completed, and charges are entered, in a timely, thorough, and accurate manner and in accordance with state guidelines and company policy
- Perform all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors; manage and operate equipment safely and correctly; maintain department cleanliness and safety
- Provide input in formulating budget, assist in evaluating department performance versus budget controls, and takes appropriate action to remain within budget guidelines
- Maintain professional expertise through continued education as necessitated by licensure and as appropriate for the provision of specific treatments utilizing EmpowerMe Wellness educational resources when available
- Develop speech therapy department by frequently reviewing best practices, providing guidance for, and conducting, in-services and other educational training in compliance with federal and state professional requirements
- Participate in infection control, departmental equipment training, organizational safety, and fire safety programs, patient/family and team conferences and attend departmental / company training as requested, and provides positive contributions to interdepartmental discussions
- Achieve productivity goals and expectations as identified by the Company
- Treat patients and their families with respect and dignity - identify and address the psychosocial, cultural, ethnic, and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families
- Comply with HIPAA & PHI guidelines and protects confidentiality at all times
- Offer to assist other staff and demonstrates flexibility in carrying out shared team functions including special projects
- Other duties as assigned
Our therapists can develop or keep a diversified skill set and enhance senior living through Phlebotomy. Phlebotomists play a vital role in assisting care providers with routine healthcare and insights into life-defining health decisions. The Phlebotomist draws quality blood samples from patients and prepares those specimens for lab testing while following established practices and procedures.
Phlebotomy Essential Duties:
- Collect specimens according to established procedures. This includes, but is not limited to blood, urine, and stool. The latter two samples will be collected via facility staff.
- Administer oral solutions (reference for customer support) according to established training.
- Confirm test/client information and confirm and verify all written and electronic orders by utilizing lab systems or a directory of services.
- Data entry of test order(s) from requisition or pulling order(s) from the database; managing Standing Orders.
- Data entry and processing of specimens including labeling, centrifuging, splitting, and freezing specimens as required by test order.
- Perform verification of patient demographic info/initials prior to blood collection to ensure that the name on the label is correct.
- Maintain appropriate phlebotomy logs in a timely manner and based on frequency, such as maintenance logs and temperature logs.
- Complete training courses and keep up to date with the latest phlebotomy techniques.
Qualifications, Education, and/or Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
- A master’s degree from an accredited program in Speech Pathology/Communication Disorders; ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence is also required
- One (1) year of experience in rehabilitation in senior care communities or related settings is preferred
- Current state licensure, in good standing, as Speech Language Pathologist
- Basic Life Support/CPR certification
- Knowledge of Medicare payment systems and EHR/EMR systems
- Proven ability to build and maintain a patient caseload, specifically within a Med B setting
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills along with the heart and passion to work with older adults while providing the best care possible
- Passion to achieve results through self-motivation, initiative, and proactive orientation with a sense of professional curiosity, desire to learn new things, and to find/recommend solutions to problems
- Sense of professional curiosity, desire to learn new things, and to find/recommend solutions to problems
- Driven to achieve and exceed goals and have the ability to motivate others to do the same
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times with the ability to effectively perform conflict intervention and resolution
- Must exhibit and promote a high level of professionalism, customer service, and friendliness in all interactions with employees, patients, and visitors throughout the organization
- TB required / CPR “as required by location”
Proficiency in applicable Electronic Medical/Health Records systems and working knowledge of Microsoft applications, such as Word, Outlook, and Excel
To perform this mission successfully, an individual should possess the physical ability to lift/move 50lbs, maintain a stationary position, move freely, operate equipment, ascend/descend freely, position self to reach equipment above or below normal standing height, and communicate with employees throughout the organization. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; sit; stoop; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
This employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the employer will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
EmpowerMe Wellness, LLC
AddressHot Springs, AR
HealthcareView all jobs at EmpowerMe Wellness, LLC
Get fresh Work From Home Speech Communication jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.