Physical Therapist Assistant
- Posted: over a month ago
LCS Clarendale Arcadia
A tech-enabled, multi-service healthcare organization, EmpowerMe Wellness is on a mission to improve the lives of seniors. We enrich senior living communities nationwide through our fully integrated on-site therapy, diagnostic, pharmacy, and nurse practitioner services. With a team of more than 1,000 clinicians and professionals, we focus on improving wellness and driving positive outcomes from a place of deep compassion and expertise. Headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, EmpowerMe has a presence in hundreds of communities across the country. You can find out more about us at empowerme.com.
We provide therapy and wellness services to Assisted Living, Independent Living, and Memory Care Senior Living Communities.
As a Physical Therapist Assistant, you will be responsible for providing, under the direction of a physical therapist, therapeutic interventions in an interdisciplinary environment consistent with the position's qualifications, professional practices, and ethical standards. You will also contribute to program development, quality improvement, and problem-solving in accordance with company-wide policies and clinical initiatives, to optimize each patient’s functional well-being and satisfaction.
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide clinically appropriate therapeutic intervention that is evidence-based and comprehensive to the needs of the individual patient and/or as directed by physician orders in accordance with the standards for professional physical therapy practice, the state of employment, and the company
- Identify the need for, and make, referrals to other disciplines to address the comprehensive needs of patients
- Observe, effectively document, and provide routine feedback to the Physical Therapist, patient/family, and other patient care personnel regarding treatment effect, progression, the accomplishment of short- and long-term goals, and discharge plans
- Assist in training and orientation of EmpowerMe Wellness and/or community staff, as well as students, in relation to rehabilitation therapy
- Communicate professionally, clearly and maintain a good working relationship with physicians, care staff, the administrative team, and interdisciplinary teams, as well as demonstrate flexibility to ensure patient/facility/customer needs are being met
- Ensure documentation is completed, and charges are entered, in a timely, thorough, and accurate manner and in accordance with state guidelines and company policy
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors; manages and operates equipment safely and correctly; maintaining department cleanliness and safety
- Maintain professional expertise through continued education as necessitated by licensure and as appropriate for the provision of specific treatments utilizing EmpowerMe Wellness educational resources when available
- Contribute to the development of the physical therapy department by frequently reviewing best practices, providing guidance for, and conducting, in-services and other educational training in compliance with federal and state professional requirements
- Participate in infection control, departmental equipment training, organizational safety, and fire safety programs, patient/family and team conferences and attend departmental / company training as requested, and provides positive contributions to interdepartmental discussions
- Achieve productivity goals and expectations as identified by the Company
- Treat patients and their families with respect and dignity - identify and address the psychosocial, cultural, ethnic, and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families
- Complies with HIPAA & PHI guidelines and protects confidentiality at all times
- Offers to assist other staff and demonstrates flexibility in carrying out shared team functions including special projects
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Education, and/or Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
- Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapist Assistant program with one (1) year of experience in rehabilitation in senior care communities or related settings is preferred
- Current license, in good standing, as a Physical Therapist Assistant in the state or be eligible for temporary license with supervision based on current state guidelines
- Basic Life Support/CPR certification
- Knowledge of Medicare payment systems and EHR/EMR systems
- Demonstrate proficiency in physical therapy modalities
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills along with the heart and passion to work with older adults while providing the best care possible
- Passion to achieve results through self-motivation, initiative, and proactive orientation with a sense of professional curiosity, desire to learn new things, and to find/recommend solutions to problems
- Sense of professional curiosity, desire to learn new things, and to find/recommend solutions to problems
- Driven to achieve and exceed goals and have the ability to motivate others to do the same
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times with the ability to effectively perform conflict intervention and resolution
- Must exhibit and promote a high level of professionalism, customer service, and friendliness in all interactions with employees, patients, and visitors throughout the organization
- TB required / CPR “as required by location”
Proficiency in applicable Electronic Medical/Health Records systems and working knowledge of Microsoft applications, such as Word, Outlook, and Excel
To perform this mission successfully, an individual should possess the physical ability to lift/move 50lbs, maintain a stationary position, move freely, operate equipment, ascend/descend freely, position self to reach equipment above or below normal standing height, and communicate with employees throughout the organization. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; sit; stoop; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
This employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the employer will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
EmpowerMe Wellness, LLC
HealthcareView all jobs at EmpowerMe Wellness, LLC