IT Business Analyst / Project Manager
Our established Cannabis company is seeking an Experienced IT Business Analyst / Project Manager to assist in creating an effective manufacturing Sage ERP to communicate to a multitude of data points within our Cannabis agriculture locations.
* Contract to Hire (90 days)
Essential Job Functions
Responsible for providing strategic direction, business process definition and system configuration for the enterprise business systems, primarily a Sage ERP environment in the manufacturing / distribution agriculture industry.
- Collaborate with functional leaders, decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business, financial, and operational requirements and systems goals.
- Review and analyze existing business processes and application systems in order to develop strategies for improvement. Identify and establish scope and parameters of systems analysis in order to define outcome criteria and measure-taking actions.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems or improvements to aid management in making implementation or prioritization decisions.
- Research and review information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, develop business process understanding, and work with customers to uncover unmet business needs.
- Create systems models, specifications, business requirements and workflow diagrams to provide consensus for system configuration. Manage the prioritization and change log for execution of approved modifications.
- Support system of business process improvements with configuration in the ERP environment.
- Review and analyze testing of application system after modifications or updates. Coordinate in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems, and post-implementation support.
- Provide training for IT personnel and application system users to improve skills and maintain appropriate knowledge.
- Provide quality control function for application systems in the collection and analysis of data. Report findings to management in order to update or improve functions and business practices.
- 4 year college degree in Computer Technology, Management Information Systems, Management or related field of study
- 5 - 7 years experience in business analysis, application support, application development or systems architecture (SQL and/or Sage applications preferred)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient knowledge of User Acceptance Testing (UAT) methodologies and documentation
- Basic knowledge of networking, PCs, servers and database systems
- Knowledge of requirements gathering techniques, creation of technical specifications, process mapping, system testing and deployment
- Familiar with sales and service processing systems, customer relationship management systems, content management systems, financial management/accounting systems and complex supply chain and manufacturing systems