Watsonville Company is looking for an entry level Help Desk Technician,
The Help Desk Technician provides first level help desk support by responding to help desk support requests and resolving most computer systems issues for our internal users. The Help Desk Technician also provides assistance concerning the acquisition and use of computer hardware and software including printing, installation, electronic mail, servers, networks, and operating systems. The IT Technician supports users, operations, the IT department and assists in the development and testing computers, applications and networks. The Help Desk Technician will also help to document the IT environment and standard procedures.
This is a permanent Position.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Function Statement(s)
- Answer the Help desk support phone and respond to email-based help desk tickets.
- Resolve support requests by working with users, remote desktop sharing or visiting their workspace.
- Assist in procurement, receiving, setting up, diagnosing, repairing or replacing computer hardware or software.
- Set up new hires and their work spaces with computers, phones, mobile phones, printers, and software.
- Perform basic administration of CRM, ERP, Email, VOIP, Videoconferencing and other systems.
- Assist in monitoring local and cloud-based servers, services and network operations
- Document I.T. Systems and Standard Operating Procedures
- Assist in administration of purchasing, invoicing, payments related to IT department.
- Assist in evaluating and testing hardware, software, and custom applications
- Attend and complete training on systems, and work toward certifications.
· Positive - Ability to view all situations with a positive attitude.
· Accountable – takes ownership for responsibilities, acknowledges and learns from mistakes
· Innovative - Ability to look beyond the standard solutions when appropriate.
· Independent – Must be self-motivated and able to manage obligations without direct supervision
· Assertiveness - Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
· Communication - Ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written word clearly and concisely.
· Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
· Enthusiastic - Ability to bring energy to the performance of a task.
· Self-Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of ones’ ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
· Technical – Able to solve most user computer system issues or do the research to find the solution.
· Curious – Willing to research and learn new areas, train and grow.
· Change Management – Basic understanding of software development lifecycle and software version control. Basic understanding of test environments and migrations.
· Detail Oriented – Position requires focused attention to detail
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Strong organization and administrative skills
- Ability to prioritize in demanding situations
- I.T. Help Desk Support Experience
- Computer hardware / software maintenance and trouble shooting experience
- System administration and configuration including email system administration
- Networking experience including IP, addressing, subnetting DNS, DHCP
- Mac administration, OSX, iOS, MDM
- Scripting experience a plus.
- Windows Server setup and configuration
- Network Printer and File Share setup and configuration
- VOIP Phone Systems and Call Routing
- Active Directory, LDAP
- JAMF experience a plus
- Barcode Scanning Equipment experience a plus
- Understand basic FTP / SSH / XML
- Basic Unix / Linux skills
- Windows admin and OS support a plus
- Salesforce, CRM, ERP is a plus
- Website server stack knowledge a plus
- Technical writing documenting computer networks, systems, vendors, licensing
- Must be proficient with MS Office and have advanced Excel skills.
CompTIA certifications or related IT Technical Certifications is a plus
BA/BS in Computer Science, Information systems, Business, Science or related field and 1-2 years of experience, or Associates Degree and / or equivalent combination of experience, training and education.