Title: Director of Digital Sales Strategy
Reports to: CEO and Executive Chairman
Essential Operational Duties:
- Increase management's effectiveness by working with department managers to ensure coordination in the effort to reach the organization’s goals.
- Study and comprehend the marketing, branding and sales strategies and plans.
- Work with the CEO, Administration, Marketing, Branding and Sales departments to gather and analyze requirements for the main orders' fulfillment
- Establish and maintain strict quality control over the packing of products, preparation for shipping and handling of products.
- Define requirements for hardware and software tools necessary to ensure the efficient and quality operations of the orders fulfillment facility.
- Operate the back-end of the e-commerce platforms in terms of processing orders, updating orders' status, handling canceled orders and returns.
- Analyze supply-demand patterns, monitor and manage inventory levels and report on delivery capabilities and capacities.
- Ensure proper safety and security measures are enforced at the main orders fulfillment facility and its staff.
- Support sales department from operational perspectives to ensure successful fulfillment of wholesale supplies to retail partners.
- Analyze various options for the worldwide fulfillment of orders, manage the process of establishing additional orders fulfillment facilities worldwide.
- Manage the requirements and specifications of packaging from operational perspectives, including bar-codes, batch numbers, recycling codes, return shipping labels, storage specs and so on.
- Analyze demands on collection level, SKU level and recommend supplies orders accordingly.
- Develop and update short-term and long-term demand forecasts for both direct sales and wholesale to retailers.
- Will be directly responsible and will work closely with the Operations Manager, Procurement Manager, as well as with the Warehouse Department. Will assign staff accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; providing educational opportunities.
- Identify the budget, resource and training needs of each unit and assesses production and performance against objectives.
- Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Develop and implement strategic plan by studying financial and operational opportunities; presenting assumptions; recommending objectives.
- Maintaining profit margins that meet the organization's goals.
- Developing strong relationships with local vendors, and other key stakeholders.
- Accomplish subsidiary objectives by establishing plans, budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections.
- Coordinate efforts by establishing procurement, production, marketing, field policies and practices; coordinating actions with corporate staff.
- Build company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees; enforcing ethical business practices.
- Help managers set and achieve departmental goals.
- Maintain quality of service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmark state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Assist in creating new revenue streams.
- Apply strategic planning to determine company, department or unit objectives.
- Responsible for the achievement of department/division/unit productivity and quality goals.
Quarterly Performance KPI’s
- Inventory levels must be sufficient to fulfill all current and forecasted orders
- Ensure all semi-finished goods are ready for completion
- Guarantee no QC returns or complaints
- Ensure all marketing and sales initiatives have enough inventory to succeed
- Purchasing must be planned and purchased ahead of time
- Purchasing budget must be maintained and never exceeded (no air freight or emergency orders)
- Maintain inventory turn rates and ensure accuracy
- Keep operations team productive and positive
Essential Digital Strategy and eCommerce Duties:
- Create profit contribution through eCommerce revenue, protecting margins maintaining expense and return controls to operate within budget.
- Utilize analytics and operating metrics for reporting, budget and performance evaluations as well as P&L accountability.
- Accountable for all eCommerce functional areas such as site merchandising and content, user experience, acquisition and retention marketing, related customer service and operations.
- Ensure site product assortment and content is rich, engaging complete, accurate and fully optimized for both consumers and search engines.
- Develop, manage and communicate cross channel marketing and promotional plans.
- Maintain working control over factors and influences of traffic growth, conversion, average order size, sales, new buyers, repeat buyers, opt-in and effectiveness of merchandising and promotional campaigns.
- Oversee all DTC digital marketing efforts, maintain relationships with multiple entities driving strategies and accountability for customer acquisition, retention, LTV, social engagement, website traffic, revenue and ROAS.
- Develop and mentor members of eCommerce team.
- Collaborate with other departments to communicate mutual needs, goals and benefits toward the effect of efficient and smooth supply scenarios, reflecting marketing/brand identity, responding to changes in business priorities.
- Master’s degree or equivalent.
- Experience in retail management, financial management, leadership management.
- Understanding ERP systems and spreadsheet skills.
- 5-7 years of demonstrated hands on eCommerce leadership role, preferably with an established beauty brand.
- Solid knowledge of eCommerce, digital marketing and social media.
- Proficient on PC based skills, including MS Office, Google Analytics, website content management systems, order management systems.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Comfortable with balancing and prioritizing multiple assignments in a dynamic environment.