Marketing and Communications Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
Employ and Relate is looking to fill the position of Marketing and Communications Manager on behalf of our client, Black Arts District.
The Pennsylvania Avenue Black Arts and Entertainment District is the fourth and newest arts and entertainment district in Baltimore. It is the only district in the state of Maryland that uniquely supports, celebrates and promotes Black creatives and Black cultural production.
The Black Arts District through an anti-displacement framework empowers Black creatives and continues the community-based revitalization efforts in West Baltimore through culture, arts, and entertainment.
Our vision of the Black Arts District is to be a model of Black creative autonomy.
We are looking to hire a Marketing and Communications Manager who is an excellent writer and has experience in social media and graphic design. The ideal candidate will be a team player who is energetic, organized, creative, and self-motivated to join our fairly new organization that is still in the start up to help sculpt our overall image and oversee the creation of communication materials across various platforms. Liaising with both the programs and operation’s team, planning communications strategies, creating content for online and printed media, supporting executive staff, and performing administrative tasks will all be on your plate.
- Help develop marketing campaigns for various programs and events, as well as membership
- Coordinate and execute e-mail campaigns, meeting deadlines, following timelines, and ensuring uniformity of content/messaging.
- Help develop marketing collateral that aligns with association brand standards (i.e., promotional flyers, programs, etc.) in partnership with our graphic artist
- Review and ensure quality of marketing distribution lists, create lists as needed
- Design or edit graphics for print or web as needed
- Coordinate the publication of the Black Arts District’s e-newsletter
- Help keep Black Arts District’s website up-to-date
- Update and manage Black Arts District registry, calendar and event’s page via website.
- Tracks and reports email, website and social media analytics
- Support the management of vendor relations and budget for social media efforts and social media management tools
- Attend events to create highlight/recap content
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or journalism preferred
- At least 2 years’ experience in marketing or communications
- Highly driven and results-oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent customer service required
- Excellent writing skills with an emphasis on writing for the web and social media
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines on time and strong attention to detail
- Graphic design skills and experience with Adobe Creative Suite required
- Some knowledge of HTML, PHP and Java Script preferred
- Some Knowledge of Squarespace, Canva, Mailchimp, Social Pilot and various social media platforms
- Excellent computer skills
- Proficient with MS Office applications and CRMs Proficient with social media platforms
- Excellent understanding of best practices
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently
- Available to travel, work weekends and evenings
- At least two recommendations from previous employers
Benefits include the following:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid time off
Location: Virtual/In-person (position will require frequent in-person work days)
Employ and Relate
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?