Empirical Systems Aerospace, Inc. is seeking a full-time project administrator to work within our project teams. ESAero is a growing aerospace company in the San Luis Obispo area and provides various services which include but are not limited to: rapid system development, on-demand niche engineering, hands-on development/testing, and small UAS aerospace system manufacturing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Program Administrator coordinates and administers the activities of product lines, projects and programs. The Project Administrator will be responsible for tracking all aspects of project activities including but not limited to contractual requirements, deliverables, schedule, budget management, engineering/quality/operations coordination, and on-time-delivery. This highly energetic Administrator will need to work effectively with the project team as well as with all internal functional groups including Engineering, Operations, Quality, Contracts, Finance, Management, Executives, etc. Work with minimal instruction or supervision. Assembles and maintains a variety of information including, but not limited to: action items lists, statistical data, program schedules, resource management, financial information, and certification documentation. This information ensures the proper documentation of a program’s progress and successful progression.
- Implement comprehensive use of Smartsheet as a tracking tool on each project
- Expert ability to collect and analyze data and translate to recommendations
- Monitor multiple, often conflicting project schedules.
- Work with individual project managers to keep schedules current.
- Track resource requirements between projects to ensure schedules stay on track
- Apply logic and information to track and update project plans and highlight gaps in execution.
- Forecast future resource requirements, and work closely with Operations to address projected shortfalls before they adversely affect project performance.
- Identify and escalate conflicts in schedule, budget, resources, technical achievements, personnel and a host of other potential issues.
- Coordinate efforts between project management and manufacturing, supply chain, and other functions to anticipate and address project issues.
- Help project managers with re-planning efforts when needed.
- Provide current status for reporting and invoicing.
- Due to Federal Government Contracts US Citizenship is required
- Responsible for actively promoting an ethics-based business culture in the project management organization, ensuring that all peers are aware of, and fully comply with, ESAero’s “Code of Ethics,” and related policies.
- Demonstrated experience in Project Administration required.
- Expertise working with cross-functional teams.
- Prefer experience in aerospace.
Education or Equivalent:
- BA/BS degree desired.
- Knowledge of operations, program management, project management, product development, and procurement desired.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in any combination of the following areas: program management, project management, engineering, quality, contracts, and operations.
Necessary Skills, Knowledge & Judgement:
- Must possess excellent organizational skills
- Must possess problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic math skills
- Detail oriented
- Excellent computer skills is a must, including a variety of software applications; tracking/scheduling software and Microsoft Products
- Disciplined execution of processes and systems
- US Citizen
Preferred but not required:
- Familiar with ISO9001/AS9100
- Familiar with SmartSheet or Microsoft Project
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with peers, customers suppliers, and leadership. Bilingual is a plus.
- Proven ability to analyze and solve problems. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Should be able to lift to 40 lbs.
- Work will be conducted in a combination of office, manufacturing, engineering lab and test environments
- Must be willing and able to travel (estimated at 10%)
Powered by JazzHR
Empirical Systems Aerospace, Inc.