- Posted: over a month ago
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Available: No
Empirical Systems Aerospace, Inc. (ESAero) is a growing aerospace company in the San Luis Obispo area that provides various services which include but are not limited to: rapid system development, on-demand niche engineering, hands-on development/testing, and small UAS aerospace system manufacturing.
ESAero is seeking a self-motivated Mechanical Engineer to join our team in San Luis Obispo, CA. The engineer will assist in the multi-functional product development of new aircraft design and manufacturing, while collaborating with other engineering disciplines and project personnel.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Support the development, test, verification, and validation of mechanical designs.
- Creating or modifying 3-D models, assemblies and installations, system requirements, interface/supplier control drawings, performance specifications, system checkout procedures and statements of work.
- Structural or thermal analysis of structures and systems.
- Support the creation of system requirements, trade studies, sub-component and test plans.
- Creating work orders, build guides and travelers.
- Coordinating with suppliers, internal and external integrated product teams.
- Providing manufacturing, component test and ground/flight test support.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Experience with SolidWorks (or similar)
- Experience with HyperWorks (or similar)
- Basic understanding of structures, mechanisms, system layout, and materials
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Solid organizational Skills
- Strong Writing Skills
- Detailed Oriented
- US Citizenship Required
- Willing to relocate to San Luis Obispo, CA
Desirable Qualifications and Skills:
- This is a mid-level engineering position. 2-5 years experience is preferred.
- Hands-on experience working with machine shops, integrating prototype designs, and conducting validation tests.
- Fundamental understanding of other disciplines including stress, dynamics, thermal analysis, production, electronics, systems engineering, etc.
- Experience with Risk Management
- Familiarity with Military standards relating to the mechanical design of aircraft.
- Experience with supplier management and procurement (such as SOWs, RFPs, and/or vendor management)
- Health: Health/Dental/Vision
- Retirement: 401k
- Schedule: Flexible schedule, PTO
- Casual dress code, Free snacks, Dog friendly office
- Amazing location to live, work, and play
Powered by JazzHR
Empirical Systems Aerospace, Inc.
AddressSan Luis Obispo, CA
ManufacturingView all jobs at Empirical Systems Aerospace, Inc.