Yard Hostler - Pay $16-$18; Day Shift
1. Maintain and contribute to a safe work environment by adhering to policies and procedures as outlined in the Company Safety Program.
2. Properly pretrip and inspect each trailer to meet DOT compliance standards
3. Correctly position trailers on the dock using a yard switcher tractor
4. Switching trailers as needed during the daily sort
5. Hook up sets of trailers for line hauls leaving the facility
6. Clearly communicate all trailer moves and trailer numbers with ops management
7. Perform any other task or assignment as deemed necessary by the organization Knowledge,
This position requires:
1. The ability to read and understand English and apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
2. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manual
3. Ability to work at a consistent rate performing highly physical work.
4. Ability to work and make yard moves with the big picture in mind (yard awareness) Work
Minimum Requirements: Highschool Diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of both.
Minimum one year driving experience. Clean driving record required. Candidates must successfully complete all pre-employment screenings, which include physical, lift test, drug test, and background check. Candidates must have the ability to read and understand English and apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Candidates must be at least 18 years old, possess valid identification, and be able to pass a TSA screening.
Fill out an application at: https://www.cdlsuite.com/empire/004
Or contact us for more information at (877) 34-DRIVE