Currently seeking an experienced Test Technician for a large manufacturing company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Confers with engineering personnel to resolve fabrication problems relating to specifications and to review test plans such as types and cycles of tests, conditions under which tests are to be conducted, and duration of tests.
• Examines parts for conformance with dimensional specifications.
• Coordinates and participates in installing unit or system to be tested connecting valves, pumps, hydraulic, mechanical or electrical controls, cabling, tubing, power source, and indicating instruments.
• Activates controls to apply electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, or mechanical power and subject test item to successive steps in test cycle.
• Monitors controls and instruments and records test data for engineer's use.
• Troubleshoots equipment malfunction such as valves, gaskets, gas pressure and air flow servos, nozzles, burner units, pumps, electric motors and electric control panels.
• Testing will occur using natural gas and diesel fuel.
• Perform hydro static testing of boilers.
• Employee will be required to use natural gas, diesel, electricity, steam and hot water for generator testing.
• Experience with Low emission burners and related equipment is a plus but not a requirement.
• Must have good communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports.
Bi-lingual in Spanish a plus (read, write and speak)