Field Service Technician - Refrigeration
Empire Cooler Service Inc Chicago, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Empire Cooler Service has been the leading supplier of refrigeration and ice making equipment in the Chicago area since 1932.
We are looking for a Refrigeration Field Service Technicians - to add to our growing team!
The Field Service Technician will be responsible to preserve the good condition and functionality of the customers' on-site refrigeration and ice machine equipment across a variety of industries.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Field Service Technician will:
- Appropriately clean, service, and repair the most common types of on-site refrigeration and ice machine equipment in accordance with the manufacturer’s installation and service manuals
- Advise customer on needed repairs or additional service
- The ideal candidate must be thorough, have a high sense of attention to detail, be able to work autonomously and continuously observing all health and safety guidelines.
- He/she will possess strong organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- The ability to respond to customer complaints and handle conflict in a professional and effective manner is essential.
Experience and/or Training:
- Proven experience with refrigeration equipment through training or work experience (ice machines and walk-in coolers)
- Ability to articulate the major components of the refrigeration process
- Knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods
- Working knowledge of tools, common appliances and devices
- Manual dexterity and problem-solving skills
Education: HVAC/R Certificate
EPA 608: Type II or Universal *required*
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record
- Successfully pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen
We are looking for people who want to grow within the company. People with a good work ethic that want to advance and increase their earnings by assuming increasing responsibilities.
Empire Cooler is an 89-year old company with deep core values grounded in Integrity, Ethics, Superior Customer Service, and Safety. Our continued growth provides solid advancement opportunities for our employees and we provide the training to help achieve that.
· Medical / Dental / Vision coverage following 30 days of employment
· Flexible Spending Account
· Commuter Benefits
· Company-paid Term Life Insurance / AD&D / Short-Term Disability following 90 days of employment
· Voluntary Term Insurance
· Employee Wellness Program
· Paid holidays
· Vacation eligibility during your first year
· Personal Time Off (PTO)
· Employee Referral Bonuses
· Company vehicle that you can take home
· Company provided cell phones and tablets
· Company uniforms and laundry service
Our continued growth provides solid advancement opportunities for our employees and we provide the training to help achieve that.
Empire Cooler is committed to a strong and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, actual or perceived sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical handicap or disability as set forth in the American with Disabilities Act 1990, or Veterans Status.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Empire Cooler Service IncWhy Work Here?
If you are looking for career potential and not just a position, reach out to us! We are in expansive growth mode!
Empire Cooler Service has been the leading supplier of refrigeration and ice making equipment in the Chicago area since 1932. We are a “white-glove service company” whose goal is to anticipate and exceed our customer's needs in this ever-changing hospitality market.
940 West Chicago AvenueChicago, IL
ConstructionView all jobs at Empire Cooler Service Inc