Plant Truck & Maintenance Mechanic
Empire Blended Products has been manufacturing specialty cement products since 1946. Our state of the art, computerized manufacturing plant in Bayville, NJ produces our wide line of high quality products used throughout the industry. We also offer private labeling, toll manufacturing, custom packaging, warehousing and transportation. Empire Blended has been growing rapidly and is expanding to include new lines, customers, and territories. We are seeking a sharp, ambitious professional to support the expansion and we welcome you to explore an employment opportunity with us.
The Plant Truck & Maintenance Mechanic will report directly to the Maintenance Manager and focus on maintaining a smoothly running facility in a fast-paced environment. This is a hands-on position and will require keen ability to navigate and fix state-of-the-art factory machinery. Work will be in a heavy industrial environment and the Mechanic must be comfortable working in conditions that may be hot, cold, dirty, greasy, wet, and noisy. We are seeking a highly responsible individual that thrives in an autonomous workplace. Duties include:
• Maintaining a smoothly operating facility by locating problem sources, removing defective parts, and determining replacements for machinery and plant equipment
• Ensuring peak operation of machinery and mechanical equipment through a required familiarity with basic mechanics.
• Managing detailed maintenance records, recording work performed and parts used.
• Maintaining fleet of mobile equipment as a primary responsibility, and also being a part of the mechanic team maintaining the entire facility and manufacturing operation
• Maintaining the following facilities and equipment:
o All Mobile Equipment Including: 13 forklifts, 3 yard tractors, 10 bulk pneumatic trailers, 22 flatbed trailers, front end loader and various mobile service vehicles.
o Our 22 interconnected buildings
o Our 33 storage silos, including
o 5 large and 1 small dust collection system
o Mechanical and electrical weighing systems including multiple scales and load cells
o 9 ribbon and paddle blenders
o 14 individual filling machines of various types (air, impellar, screw, and vibratory)
o Belt, roller, bucket, screw, and accumulator conveyers
o 3 stretch wrap machines
o 3 air compressors with regulators, oilers, and moisture separators
o Blower for material movement
o Heat seal equipment
• High school degree
• Exceptional mechanical skills
• Excellent welding skills
• Excellent diagnostic skills and the ability to troubleshoot mechanical problems
• Good electrical knowledge and auto-mechanic skills
• Proficient in carpentry and plumbing
• Resourcefulness and adaptability to new mechanical issues and equipment
• Experience and confidence in maintaining the aforementioned equipment
• Excellent healthcare coverage after 3 months’ employment
• 401k Matching plan after 1 year of employment
• Paid Time Off after 1 year of employment
• Overtime pay
• Paid holidays
• Promotions and upward mobility
• Job Security
Hourly compensation based upon experience.