EmpRes Healthcare is a 100% employee owned company. We embody a spirit and value system that encourages loyalty, honesty and a commitment to caring. From our belief that people are always the number one priority, the EmpRes Healthcare companies are committed to:
- Caring about our residents, families, employees, and communities
- Excellence in service
- Treating our residents, families and employees with dignity and respect at all times
- Sound stewardship of our financial and human resources
Primary purpose of the MDS Nurse Coordinator is to conduct and coordinate the development and completion of the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI), that is, the Minimum Data Set (MDS), Care Area Assessments (CAAs) and Care Plan in accordance with State and Federal requirements. Participates as part of the Nursing Center Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) for Medicare management as assigned.
- Coordinate the IDT in timely completion of the assessments.
- Utilize MDS Scheduler to plan and set MDS Assessment Reference Dates (ARDs).
- Communicate ARD selection for specific MDSs to IDT.
- Complete the MDS sections as assigned.
- Complete Care Area Assessments (CAAs) as required.
- Complete care plan items relevant to current MDS and attend care plan meetings as assigned.
- Monitor the overall documentation in the medical record to validate that it supports MDS coding.
- Participate in Medicare utilization management as assigned.
- Provide teaching and training for MDS item completion to IDT members that have responsibility for MDS item completion.
- Provide teaching and mentoring of CNA staff along with DNS and Staff Development related to completion of the Nursing Activities of Daily Living (ADL) flow sheets.
- RN license.
- At least two years' experience working in a long-term care setting preferred.
- Preferably AANAC and CMAC certified.
- Experience with Residence Assessment Instrument (RAI) process and MDS certification preferred.
- Medical and Dental Insurance thru Regence Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Vision Coverage
- Holiday Pay
- Sick Leave
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (Stock Bonus Program)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Employee Hardship Fund
- 100% Employee Owned Company
For more information please call Lizbeth Garcia at 775-883-3622 or email me at email@example.com
EmpRes Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.