Date: Oct 26, 2019
Location:DAYTONA BEACH, FL, US, 32117
The State Personnel System is an E-Verify employer. For more information click on our E-Verify website.
Requisition No: 70010
Agency: Veterans Affairs
Working Title: SENIOR CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT - 50000314
Position Number: 50000314
Salary: $1006.40/ biweekly
Posting Closing Date: 10/31/2019
SENIOR CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT
FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS’ AFFAIRS
Emory Bennett State Veterans' Nursing Home
Daytona Beach, Volusia County
Paid Bi-weekly: $1006.40
Shift: 2:30 pm to 11:00 pm. Other shifts may become available, pending future vacancies
Excellent benefits, vacation, sick leave, paid holidays, personal day and retirement package.
***Other vacant positions (shifts), including OPS Temporary positions, may be filled from this advertisement within six (6) months of the closing date***
- High school Diploma or GED.
- Must be a certified Nursing Assistant in Florida.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- One (1) Year experience in a long-term care facility is required.
- Must be willing and able to work a schedule that is inclusive of weekends and holidays.
- Must participate in Direct Deposit.
- Successful completion of the Background Screening Process.
- Current Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation
Note: you will be required to provide your Social Security number in order to conduct the background screening.
- Provide the assistance necessary when giving residents the following Activities of Daily Living nursing care: oral hygiene; bathing; dressing and grooming; hair and nail care; shaving; toileting; assistance with meals, nourishments and transportation to meal service areas, and mobility. Routinely observe, identify and report resident concerns/needs to supervisor. Provide escort to resident appointments when required. Complete assignments timely, completely and accurately. Accept assigned duties in a cooperative manner.
- Perform restorative nursing measures as outlined in the care plan.
- Perform simple nursing measures, such as but not limited to applying splints and positioning devices, making occupied and unoccupied beds, changing linens, etc. Measure and record vital signs as assigned. Measure and record intake and output according to the care plan. Observe, monitor and report symptoms of potential skin breakdown and/or pressure ulcers to primary nurse.
- Use appropriate technique for mechanical lifts, transferring, turning and positioning, range of motion exercises recognizing changes that place a resident at risk for pressure ulcers and falls.
- Provide appropriate end of life care and use appropriate techniques for assisting and Provide the required nursing care for assigned residents in the area of Activities of Daily Living using proper technique to include: mouth care, bathing, dressing, grooming, hair and nail care; shaving, toileting; feeding/assistance with eating; maintaining hydration; and mobility as outlined in the care plan. Follow facility established policies and procedures when providing all care and dining room protocol.
- Responding to the cognitively impaired resident or the resident with difficult behaviors including Dementia/Alzheimer’s. Observe conditions and report behavioral changes to primary nurse/RN Supervisor.
- Assure that all resident safety devices are used as outlined in the care plan.
- Provide escort for resident appointments etc. as assigned.
- Document all care given on the appropriate form and/or utilizing the electronic patient care documentation system.
- Assure efficient use of supplies and document in the electronic inventory tracking system.
- Respond to resident’s requests and needs timely and appropriately. Answer resident call lights promptly.
- Notify nurse of any changes in resident’s condition.
- Complete assignments from the primary nurse or RN supervisor within the time allowed.
- Attend all required facility training.
- Perform related work as required.
THIS IS A CAREER SERVICE (CS) POSITON
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, candidates eligible for Veterans’ Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply. Candidates claiming Veterans’ Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans’ Preference documentation requirements are available by clicking here. All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement.
Nearest Major Market: Daytona Beach