Date: Sep 7, 2019
Location:DAYTONA BEACH, FL, US, 32117
The State Personnel System is an E-Verify employer. For more information click on our E-Verify website.
Requisition No: 67805
Agency: Veterans Affairs
Working Title: REGISTERED NURSE - 50001580
Position Number: 50001580
Posting Closing Date: 10/31/2019
FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF VETERAN'S AFFAIR
Emory L Bennett State Veterans' Nursing Home
Daytona Beach, Volusia County
Paid Bi-Weekly: $1,726.40
(This position is eligible for both Overtime pay and $1.00/hour Florida Nurses’ Association shift differential pay)
***Other Registered Nurse positions/shifts, including OPS Temporary positions, may be filled from this advertisement within six (6) months of the closing date***
Excellent benefits, vacation, sick leave, personal day, paid holidays and retirement package.
- Licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse in accordance with Florida Statute 464 or eligible to practice nursing in accordance with Florida Administrative Code 210-8.27.
- Current Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR card) Certificate
- Must have basic skills in MS Outlook, Word and basic computer skills.
- Willingness and ability to work weekends and holidays as scheduled.
- Successful completion of Background Screening Process
- Long-term care experience
- Experience working with Electronic Medical Records (EMAR)
- Give ordered treatments, administer prescribed medications, give direct ADL care and complete requirements for diagnostic procedures as requested by the attending physician on an assigned shift per established policies and procedures.
- Receive verbal orders, including telephone orders from attending physicians. Transcribes physician’s orders to all appropriate documents on an assigned shift per established policies and procedures.
- Make rounds with physicians and other health care personnel per established policies and procedures.
- Monitor physician’s orders for completion.
- Review and follow-up on resident incidents or complaints.
- Count narcotics at beginning and end of shift. Assure that narcotic records are accurate for assigned shift.
- Will provide supervision (lead worker duties) for the facility on an assigned shift as require and as defined in 60K-2.0061 (3) (d) F.A.C.
- Will supervise subordinates on assigned unit. Review work assignments with staff on unit and assign team members in accordance with the patient’s needs, available staffing, and in accordance with policies and procedures. Assure assigned CNAs are in dining room on time. Try to problem solve with employees as required before involving supervisor.
- Recognize and respond to changes in resident’s conditions as it occurs. Will record observations accurately and concisely. Notify supervisor, physician and family of changes. Document all notifications as they are made. Assist physicians with special tests and procedures as required and within the scope of the Florida Nursing Practice Act.
- Receive and give report at beginning and end of shift by making walking rounds with the off-going and on-coming nurse.
- On assigned residents and within the assigned time frame will: Complete, sign and date the MDS, RAP modules and additional assessments. Will review and update care plans; notify chairperson if changes need to be made per established policies and procedures; and attend Interdisciplinary Care Plans when requested.
- Will maintain professional standards of nursing care at all times. Follows all local, state, and federal rules and regulations, as well as the policies and procedures of the facility and nursing department.
- Attend mandatory and non-mandatory in services, meetings, Care Plans and MDS as required.
- Will ensure economical utilization of supplies and proper charging of items to residents’ accounts.
- Ensure equipment is maintained in a clean and safe manner.
- Will maintain valid CPR certification and perform as needed.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned by Supervisor.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, candidates eligible for Veterans’ Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply. Candidates claiming Veterans’ Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans’ Preference documentation requirements are available by clicking here. All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement.
Nearest Major Market: Daytona Beach