At Emory Healthcare, we integrate science and caring to change the face of health care. Our team members are courageous individuals who are willing to challenge the status quo and help find solutions to complex problems. We're empowered to influence change for, and with, our patients, their families, the community and each other.
As one of the leading academic medical systems, we're eager to share what we learn with hospitals around the country, and the world. We've got the backing, knowledge, experience and permission to lead the way in developing new and better approaches to preventing and treating disease, and our patients get treatments years before anyone else.
We're defining a new standard of care for humankind. Are YOU ready to join us?
- Under the direct supervision of a registered pharmacist, procures, prepares, packages, and distributes medications and pharmaceutical supplies.
- Maintains IV records and patient profiles and manufactures and prepares sterile products.
- Performs technician check technician processes per departmental guidelines.
- Performs other related duties as required. Responds to customers needs in a timely manner in accordance with departmental standards, answers phone, takes and distributes messages, and triages requests to the appropriate person.
- Resolves customer service issues as appropriate. Assists with operational support functions, which includes minor housekeeping activities to maintain an efficient work area.
- Efficiently and accurately processes and files required documentation/paperwork as appropriately for work area. Participates in departmental staff recognition program to help retain staff.
- Properly operates, monitors, and cleans departmental equipment. Calibrates IV Pumps and other equipment as needed.
- Able to perform automated cabinet drawer recovery.
- May detect and troubleshoot automated dispensing cabinets, automated medication storage/replenishing systems, EM 2400, and/or scanner problems as needed.
- Supplies: Inventories and refills working stock as required; checks stock and prepares lists for appropriate amount of IV fluids to be ordered; restocks medications/IV fluids to sterile products area, automated medication storage/replenishing systems machines, and automated dispensing cabinet machines.
- Maintains an established inventory of drugs and commonly used supplies, i.e., syringes, needles; gloves, sets, filters, etc.; re-orders and stocks items upon delivery to ensure immediate availability. Reports and/or forwards problems to appropriate pharmacy personnel.
- Electronically and accurately posts patients medication charges and credits to ensure the accuracy of each charge.
- Enters data into an electronic database; ensures accuracy and timeliness of required data entry.
- Attends educational in-services as appropriate. Meets departmental expectations for required programs. Participates in professional activities and organizations to maintain knowledge of current trends, practices, and developments.
- Assists in the orientation and training of new personnel. May serve as a resource for less experienced staff, providing technical information and guidance in pharmacy techniques and policies to ensure the delivery of efficient, quality service.
- May assist in presenting information at pharmacy technician inservices as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Hospital pharmacy experience preferred, but not required.
- Current CPhT Certification and registration in the state of GA within 3 months of employment.
- Must maintain certifications and registration during entire length of employment. OR current enrollment in an accredited School of Pharmacy with a current Georgia Pharmacy Intern license.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS: Factors affecting environment conditions may vary depending on the assigned work area and tasks. Environmental exposures include, but are not limited to: Blood-borne pathogen exposure Bio-hazardous waste Chemicals/gases/fumes/vapors Communicable diseases Electrical shock , Floor Surfaces, Hot/Cold Temperatures, Indoor/Outdoor conditions, Latex, Lighting, Patient care/handling injuries, Radiation , Shift work, Travel may be required. Use of personal protective equipment, including respirators, environmental conditions may vary depending on assigned work area and work tasks.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply?
Division Emory Univ Hosp-Midtown
Campus Location Atlanta, GA, 30322
Campus Location US-GA-Atlanta
Department EHM Pharmaceutical Services
Job Type Regular Full-Time
Job Number 40956
Job Category Pharmacy
Schedule 10a- 6:30p
Standard Hours 40 Hours
Emory Healthcare is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity in all of its employment practices and decisions. Emory Healthcare prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation in employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age (40 and over), disability, citizenship, genetic information, service in the uniformed services, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.