Temp to perm opportunity for Burlington County Accounting firm. Hours: M – F, 8:30-5:30pm
Overtime during tax season
As an administrative assistant you will support the firm's mission by:
- Providing various administrative support to ensure smooth, professional service in overall firm administration including but not limited to Billing, Front Desk reception, computer application updates, client reporting and Tax Season E-filing.
- Exhibit pleasant, strong customer service orientation to a diverse team of partners and internal professional staff. Primary support function in networking and client retention efforts. Desire to be part of an admin team where others depend on each other to get work done.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability and desire to be cross trained on all admin responsibilities to ensure coverage of all admin roles when needed.
- Preparation of invoices, monthly billing reports, WIP transfers, e-file charges, overnight mail entries, retainers, write-offs using Excel and Practice. Initiate bi-weekly meetings with partners and follow up regularly. Inform Firm Administrator of any delays.
- From Quickscribe dictation and written notes, draft invoices, proofread, finalize invoices and letters.
- Support monthly collection work including meeting with partners, emailing clients as well as verbal outreach via phone for payment or partial payments.
- oAnnual creation and maintenance of the E-file spreadsheet, transmitting E-files, follow up for E-file forms, scan and route work through completion.
- Maintenance of Gofileroom profiles and annual roll-over of workflows.
- Responsible for current upkeep of client databases and applications including New Client setup, Client deletions, referral tracking and donations/gifts for marketing purposes.
- Assist with proof reading draft documents and invoicing to ensure professional written communication.
- Familiarize with off-site storage/shredding document procedures and retrieval
- During peak times, assist with processing client tax returns including 1040, 1041, 1065, 1120, 990 , 5500 and other types as needed.
- Assist with posting information to client web portal.
- Maintenance and updating of annual Gofileroom processes and Practice CS permissions for staff.
- Comply with and support policies and procedures, core values and Mission Statement.
- Skills and Competencies
- Ability to multi-task with accuracy and manage time to meet deadlines, (project management skills)
- Exhibit sense of urgency without compromising quality or accuracy
- Proven experience displaying communication skills both written and oral among team members and supervisors to accomplish specific goals
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook Mail, Distribution groups, Calendars, Internet research. QuickBooks knowledge is a plus but not required. Ability to learn Client Products including but not limited to Practice CS and UltraTax.
- Ability to take direction through verbal or written communication and complete assignments on time. Advise managers of any delays or issues timely.
- Sustain patience and discipline needed for additional hours and increased volumes of work during tax season.
- Stay current with new tools and techniques that improve processing efficiencies
- Education, Skills and or Experience
- High School diploma. Post secondary education preferred.
- 2 – 3 years previous office experience, experience with accounting or law firm is a plus. o Physical Demands: Able to lift and move up to 30 pounds.