Senior Business Analyst, Software Development
Emergent Software Minneapolis, MN
- Posted: June 04, 2021
If you enjoy working with others, problem solving using technology and software, and watching your ideas impact local businesses across a variety of industries, this might be the role for you! As a Senior Business Analyst on our Software Development team, you will work with our clients and delivery team to design solutions that solve everyday business problems. You’ll partner with your fellow agile team members to continually groom project backlogs, decompose work into user stories and monitor project progress, ensuring our deliverables meet client expectations at go-live.Primary Duties
- Perform business analysis activities with our software engineering team to define a thorough solution to our clients’ business problems and help the team communicate plans
- Partner with client to assist them in performing the Product Owner role
- Drive decision making, compromise and agreement throughout the project by focusing the team on deliverables that progress the solution towards the objectives defined in the project’s sales agreements.
- Manage scope using common agile development methodologies using a backlog and decomposing work items into well-defined user stories that clearly outline requirements and acceptance criteria for designers, developers, and testers
- Work with leadership and other team members to mature our BA practices
- Experience operating as the liaison between agile development teams and users in defining requirements, performing business analysis, and driving delivery in the right direction
- A firm grasp on how websites, web applications, APIs, databases, mobile apps, windows apps, and the cloud function at a high level
- Demonstrated experience on a mature agile development team in the role of a BA or Product Owner
- Ability to thrive on a small team in a fast-paced environment while juggling a variety of projects and wearing multiple hats
- Exemplary problem-solving ability & enthusiasm
- Strong technical writing, verbal communication, and presentation skills are a must
- Experience in a project management, quality assurance, agile coaching, or software training role
- Interest in participating in software sales activities
- Previous consulting experience either independent consulting or with a firm, especially with using Microsoft technologies such as .NET, SQL Server, Azure, and Office 365
- Familiarity with Microsoft Dev Ops and/or other agile work organization tools
Emergent Software is a growing software development and consulting company serving clients across the Twin Cities and beyond. As a Certified Microsoft Development Partner, our talented team of full-stack developers, SQL Server DBAs, Graphic & UI Designers, and Project Managers strive to deliver tailored solutions, continuous development, and managed services to our clients’ business challenges. Our goal is to become a trusted extension of your team, partnering with you on critical software projects to ensure long-term system health.
We offer a fun, engaging work environment that provides ample long-term career development opportunities for team members. Check us out on Glassdoor yourself to see how employees enjoy our remote working structure, flexible hours, profit sharing program, and more! At Emergent Software, your ideas will be heard, you will grow exponentially as a master of your craft, and you will enjoy working other dedicated team members to deliver software solutions for our clients.
BusinessView all jobs at Emergent Software