Certified Veterinary Technician
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
***Swing Shift Certified Veterinary Technician***
Emergency Veterinary Hospital (EVH) of Eugene-Springfield, Oregon is seeking a full-time (or part-time)Swing Shift Certified Veterinary Technicianfor ourSundaythru Wednesday 2pm-12am Shift.Here at EVH we take great pride in providing a friendly, supportive, and enjoyable work environment while the challenges of emergency veterinary medicine allow employees to sharpen their skills.**Signing bonus and/or relocation assistance is available for qualified candidates!!!
Certified Veterinary Technicians (CVTs) provide patient care for medical and surgical patients at EVH. Your skills as a CVT will be utilized at their fullest potential!!! Our CVTs are responsible for working in all areas of the hospital, including but not limited to all aspects of patient care, anesthetic induction and monitoring as well as providing leadership in the hospital. The CVT is expected to be a leader of patient care, assisting the DVMs in organizing patient flow, monitoring treatments, and acting as the Charge Nurse when appropriate.
At EVH, we experience high volumes of critical/emergent patients- these patients have owners that are under a great deal of emotional stress. It is important to have skills necessary to not only handle critical or aggressive patients, but also communicate effectively and kindly with owners.
With our expansion into a brand-new facility with state of the art technology including CT imaging, we have brought many additional emergency veterinarians and support staff on board. You will be working closely with our team including our Medical Director and Practice Owner/Partner, Dr. Max Rinaldi along with an experienced Hospital Administration team. Dr. Rinaldi, was raised in Nevada and received his DVM from Kansas State University, graduating in 2012. Dr. Rinaldi then spent a year in a rotating Internal Medicine and Surgery Internship at Washington State University, followed by a year internship in Exotic Animal Medicine and Surgery at Louisiana State University. Dr. Rinaldi's professional interests include emergency and critical care, emergency surgery, and exotic animal medicine.
The way we approach our work matters. Our Core ValuesDo the right thing, Fun, Wow service, Respect, and Learningguide everything we do at Emergency Veterinary Hospital.
Successful Candidateswill possess the following skills and knowledge (or have the ability to learn):
- Function as Charge Nurse, directing other patient care team members and coordinating care for multiple ICU patients
- Provide excellent documentation including client communications, treatments, anesthetic monitoring, and controlled drug logs
- Ability to give clear and concise rounds with relevant patient information
- Educate other staff members with your skills/knowledge whenever possible
- Proficient in phlebotomy, cystocentesis, canine urinary catheter placement and NG tube placement.
- Able to perform treatments/fluid therapy when given dose
- Ability to perform CPR including chest compressions, intubation, and breath administration. Direct others during a code.
- Ability to collect vital, pertinent information from distraught owners when patients are critical.
- Ability to perform advanced laboratory skills including cell morphology review, urine dry prep slide review and fecal review.
- Excellent/effective triage skills including being able to communicate with client status of patient and treatments we are implementing
- Ability to perform phone triage confidently, kindly, and effectively with clients.
- Start immediate stabilization on patients under doctor direction
- Understand relevant CBC/CHEM values
- Understand the use, common doses and contraindications of all medications administered
- Blood transfusion therapy including collection, administration, and transfusion reactions
- Albumin/Plasma transfusion therapy including administration and transfusion reactions
- Identify obvious murmurs, arrythmias and pulse deficits
- Excellent anesthetic skills with knowledge of common side effects and immediate actions necessary to combat them.
- Ability to monitor and record sedation/anesthetic events with confidence
- Know anesthetic medications, their normal range for dosing, side effects, and contraindications
- High School Diploma or GED
- Certified Veterinary Technician in Oregon or ability to become Certified in the State of Oregon if licensed in another state
- Work availability: 4-10 schedule(2pm-12am, Sunday-Wednesday)
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication skills
- The ability to lift, push and pull up to 40lbs
- Ability to withstand long hours of standing, squatting, kneeling and walking
- Basic computer skills
- Maintain Professional Attitude and Lead by Example
- Competitive Hourly Wage (DOE)
- Consistent Scheduling for optimal work-life balance (No rotating shift work!)
- Generous Signing Bonus/Relocation assistance available
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance with company contribution HSA account
- 401k with company match
- Paid Time Off/Holiday Pay
- Professional Mentorship
- Annual Licensure and VECCS membership reimbursement
- Generous Annual CE allowance with VetGirl Subscription provided
- Career Growth and Development Opportunities
- Recover/CPR Certification
- CT Imaging Certification
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Incentive Program
Come experience the Southern Willamette Valley where outdoor recreation is in abundance. Surrounded on two sides by the Cascade and Coastal Mountain ranges there are numerous opportunities for hiking, cycling, and boating. Emergency Veterinary Hospital is a short drive from the coast and two hours south of the Portland metropolitan area. The Eugene-Springfield area boasts a wide variety of restaurants, theater, parks, and recreation, as well as a diverse culture and is proud to be home of the University of Oregon.
Join the Lakefield Family!
Emergency Veterinary Hospitalis part of the Lakefield Veterinary Groupa privately-owned company that offers support and resources to hospital teams while empowering them to make decisions about how they practice medicine and show up for their communities.
For questions or inquiries, please contact our Hospital Administrator - Dave Berg at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to speaking with you!!!
Emergency Veterinary HospitalSpringfield, OR
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.