URGENCY ROOM - Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT)
We provide a professional yet fun work environment while providing a comforting and pleasant experience for our patients and guests.
Beyond competitive wages and benefits we offer:
- Monthly education with yearly CEU awards
- Yearly staff appreciation festivities
- Block schedules for easy planning
- Free on-site parking
To learn more about The Urgency Room please visit our website at www.urgencyroom.com.
Purpose: The Laboratory Technician provides direct patient care by utilizing his/her skill and expertise with venipuncture and point of care testing to complement the other members of the team. The Laboratory Technician may take direction from the physician or registered nurse for those areas which require a licensed practitioner. This position is primarily responsible for the clinical and operational management of all laboratory equipment, processes, and patient results communication. This position will also manage the quality control and quality assurance portions of the laboratory in collaboration with the laboratory medical director, technical supervisor, and lab manager. In addition, all testing personnel requirements per COLA and CLIA are the responsibility of this position.
Key Result Areas: The primary responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Implement and follow a laboratory quality improvement and quality control plan in collaboration with the laboratory technical supervisor
- Perform phlebotomy and point of care testing.
- Order and cancel tests in the electronic medical record with direction from the licensed provider.
- Restock and maintain appropriate laboratory inventory supply levels.
- Collect and record pertinent patient data needed for the interpretation of laboratory tests.
- Document direct patient care tasks and responses to those tasks.
- Communicate pertinent patient laboratory data clearly, concisely, and in a timely manner to the rest of the health care team.
- Receive and process laboratory specimens.
- Complete allocated non-direct patient care tasks as directed by the physician or registered nurse.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Adhere to clinic policies and procedures.
- Perform other tasks as required or assigned.
Education and Experience:
Two-year Associate of Applied Science Medical Laboratory Technician degree
2 years of experience in a hospital or clinic laboratory setting.
Required Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
Valid Minnesota Driver’s License or photo identification
Basic Life Support (BLS) and CPR
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities, and skills required of the position and people in the position.
All patient-facing employees must comply with the Company's immunization requirements which require employees to provide proof of full vaccination against the following illness: Tuberculosis (TB), HepB, MMR, Varicella (Chickenpox), TDAP, COVID-19, and Influenza. Applicants may request an accommodation through the Company’s Human Resources department at 952-767-4401.
EPPA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Emergency Physicians Professional AssociationSaint Paul, MN
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.