HR Operations Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The HR Operations Specialist partners with the Director of Organizational Development to ensure high level support for employees as it pertains to data integrity, HRIS management, payroll, benefits and reporting/audit. The Operations Specialist is responsible for benefits and leave administration, HRIS data entry and management, HR analytics and reporting, as well as partnership with Finance in administering biweekly payroll and audit related process, such as payroll tax and deductions.
- Performs payroll processing each pay period. Ensuring accuracy and compliance with policies and law, resolving issues with vendors and communicates with staff and supervisors for successful bi-weekly payroll processing.
- Manages all HR related data in HRIS System (ADP), including employee changes, benefits and leave administration and payroll data. Oversees the payroll administration for new state tax setup, unemployment tax, discretionary payments and 401k limits. Conducts schedule of internal audits to ensure compliance.
- Builds a reporting structure around HR analytics by utilizing resources already available within ADP and identifying opportunities to improve reporting and establishes effective cadence.
- Serves as the primary staff liaison with the association’s insurance broker for benefit issues, answers staff questions as they pertain to the associations benefit plans and benefit compliance.
- Conducts all benefit activities, including qualifying life events and COBRA continuation for all association benefit plans (health and welfare, life and disability and 401(k)). This includes the appropriate audit and reconciliation of monthly bills for review and approval by the Director, Organizational Development.
- Coordinates open enrollment periods for all benefit plans with oversight from the Director, Organizational Development.
- Administers leave of absences (FMLA, STD, LTD) to include drafting of letters, managing paperwork and payroll/time off tracking and ensuring compliance with laws and policy.
- Collaborate with HR Generalist to administer the annual pay for performance process, with oversight from the Director of Organizational Development.
- Contributes to the cultivation of a collaborative team-based culture with strong staff engagement. This includes the development of staff communications that provide vision, clarity of purpose and connections to ENA’s mission, vision, and values
- Contributes to the workplace culture that is consistent with the association’s culture statement and emphasizes the mission, vision and values of the organization.
- Displays a high level of accountability, taking responsibility for individual actions and the impact on the organization. Views oneself as a reflection of the organization by following through on commitments and accepting ownership.
- Performs additional related duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Human Resources, including payroll and benefits policy administration
- Proficiency with payroll systems
- HRIS management or reporting
- ADP experience
- Multi-state site experience
- Experience building an HR analytics process
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- High level of discretion to handle sensitive and confidential situations
- Excellent organizational skills, with ability to work independently on assigned tasks
- Demonstrate a proactive and planning mindset with agility when faced with change
- Excellent collaborative communication and ability to resolve conflict
- Ability to prioritize multiple and varied tasks within established deadlines
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Suite of Products
- Ability to interface with staff, board and external relationships in a professional manner, including a demonstrated commitment to customer service
PHYSICAL DEMANDS Nature of work requires an ability to operate standard business office equipment. Requires ability to communicate verbally and in writing in an exchange of information; collect, compile and prepare work documents; set-up and maintain work files. Use of the computer, with repetitive motion, is approximately 80%.
WORKING CONDITIONS Majority of work is performed in a general office environment. Occasional travel may be required.
BusinessView all jobs at Emergency Nurses