Any candidate that would like to provide Voluntary Self-Identification forms can request them at email@example.com.
SYNOPSIS: Provide pick-up and delivery services for the customers of Emerald Transformer.
- Conduct transportation route to ensure the most economical use of time and equipment.
- Assist customers as needed in preparing units for safe and accurate shipment.
- Maintain and prepare all required regulatory and internal shipping documents.
- Must adhere to all traffic laws.
- Perform routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment; Report defects or repairs to supervisor.
- Maintain clean equipment.
- Operate forklift, pallet jack and overhead crane to move units and materials on company facilities and as needed, at customer locations.
- Assist customers with loading and unloading trailers.
- Must be at the customer’s location on time for pick up and deliveries.
- Liaison between Emerald Transformer and its customers.
- Communicate with management and sales personnel regarding customer needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Degrees/Certificates: Appropriate Commercial Driver’s License required; Subject to D.O.T. required physical examinations and drug screenings.
- Experience: OTR Commercial driving experience – One year required, additional preferred.
- Skills: Ability to demonstrate safe and proficient truck driving operations. Good customer service skills are required. Ability to read, write and comprehend written instructions. Ability to use basic arithmetic skills.
- Physical Activity:
- Repetitive Motion
- Physical Requirements: Heavy work – exerting up to 100lbs of force occasionally and/or in excess of 50lbs of force frequently.
- Visual Acuity: The work is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment.
- Working Conditions:
- The worker is subject to both environmental conditions as activities occur inside and outside.
- The worker is subject to extreme cold: temperatures typically below 32 degrees for periods of more than one hour. Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions such as wind and humidity.
- The worker is subject to extreme heat: temperatures typically above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour. Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions such as wind and humidity.
- The worker is subject to vibration: exposure to oscillating movements of the extremities or whole body.
- The worker is subject to hazards: includes a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- The worker is subject to oil. There is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
- The worker is required to wear other personal protection equipment such as eye protection, gloves, hearing protection, etc…as required on company premises and customer locations.)
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Adherence to Company environmental/safety programs, Company policies and standard operating procedures are required. Associates may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. This job description does not constitute an employment contract. It is understood that all employment is “employment at will” and may be terminated at any time by either the employee or the company for any reason whatsoever.