- Posted: over a month ago
Join the Emerald Family!
Emerald Packaging is a family-owned business that has been servicing the fresh produce industry throughout the U.S. for almost 60 years and has established itself as one of the largest flexible packaging producers in the West Coast with over 250 employees, operating 24/7. We succeed by not standing still but by creating the packaging of tomorrow. Our business operations have not ceased during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic as a result of our countless implemented COVID-19 protocols and procedures. Emerald understands that our employees are our biggest assets. With this in mind we offer a generous benefits package which includes competitive medical insurance rates, 100% employer paid dental, vision & life insurance plans, and 401K retirement accounts.
Under the supervision of the bag department section leader. Assist section leader with operations and production. Must set up, maintain, repair, and adjust bag machines, assist in training, check quality, work closely with the maintenance department. Make sure safe work practices are followed.
- Read work order and compare samples off the machine against the spec on the work order.
- For all repeat jobs, sign off on the job jacket after reviewing the job during setup
- Make any necessary adjustments or repairs to ensure the proper operation of bag machines. If punches need to be changed, change them correctly.
- Read the order and specification sheet and set up the bag machine accordingly, always in a timely manner.
- Keep bag machines operating at best possible speed. Minimize waste. Help coworkers weigh waste at end of shift.
- Assist roll changers if required.
- Work with the maintenance department to make sure machines are fixed and maintained in a proper and timely fashion. Put all maintenance needs in writing.
- When time allows, assist bag machine inspectors with their duties, this includes getting supplies and relieving them for breaks.
- Check bag quality, including lips, punches, zipper, and seals and all quality control parameters noted on the quality control sheet and sign off when checked at the start of your shift and then every two hours.
- Help with the training of converting department personnel.
- Follow the job schedule. If there are any questions, direct them to your section leader. If he or she is not available, direct questions to another member of management.
- Make sure coworkers follow safe work practices.
- Follow the instructions of your section leader.
- Work safely.
- Be aware of the production run targets posted on machines.
- Pull random samples (at least one from each wicket arm) every one hour to make sure the bags are running within spec.
- Do not run until 2 signatures are on the work order. On weekends in the absence of another assistant foreman, second signatures can be obtained by an experienced bag catcher.
- Provide help in other parts of the factory as needed.
- Work overtime required to meet department needs.
- Take over for section leader if he or she is not available.
- Complete forklift certification training.
- Responsible for reporting any food safety issues
- Responsible for complying with all GMP's
- Experience operating and repairing bag machines.
- Demonstrated mechanical abilities.
- Ability to work with management and supervise individuals.
- Must be skilled in reading a tape measure and using a calculator
Please note, this is a TEMP to HIRE position
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.26 per hour with an increase every six months
Upon conversion, benefits included: Vacation, Sick Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Life Insurance & more!
Day: Monday - Friday 6:00 am - 2:00 pm
Swing: Monday - Friday 2:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Grave: Monday - Friday 10:00 pm - 6:00 am