EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Plumber (DD)
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services has a need for a Plumber in Herndon, VA beginning in January 2024. The Plumber will troubleshoot and maintain equipment in Central Utility Plant and Dulles Discovery buildings.. The Schedule is: Monday thru Friday 0600-1400. This position is covered by the CBA for Local 99.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the maintenance of site equipment and building structure.
- Assist General Maintenance Workers with the maintenance and repairs of the building air systems on the site.
- Assist with the troubleshooting of all equipment on site.
- Perform preventive maintenance of all equipment on site.
- Institute the corrective action and/or inform his supervisor on any deficiencies found in the course of performing the job.
- Monitor Subcontractors in their task and provide reports when needed.
- Perform other task as directed by his Supervisor.
- Must possess and maintain a Plumber License Journeyman’s or Master’s
- Three (3) or more years experience in maintenance and repairs on Commercial-Industrial building equipment to include but not limited to:
- Water Fountains
- Filtration systems
- Restroom facilities
- Back Flow Preventers
- Demonstrate the ability to read and understand Blueprints, schematics and specifications.
- Be able to demonstrate practical knowledge of plumbing equipment
- Be able to demonstrate practical knowledge of Tools in trade.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an ISSA TS/SCI w/Poly
- Heavy physical effort (lift/carry up to 50 lbs. / push up to 100 lbs)
- Prolong, extensive or considerable standing/walking.
- Push/pull or move/lift equipment, supplies and parts.
- Manual dexterity and mobility
- Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled.Notice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR’s normal application process – it is probably fraudulent.
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.