The Procurement Specialist is responsible for ensuring that the materials required for construction projects are provided on schedule and according to the projected budget. Proven analytical thinking, project management skills, attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills are a must.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deal effectively with supplier challenges and flow of materials
- Resolve vendor delivery shortages and quality issues
- Review and understand impact of Design timeline and Construction Schedule for each project to ensure project opening can be supported.
- Interact daily with client, design, construction and vendors to ensure 100% timely and quality delivery to the production schedule and stores.
- Perform and assist in completing project budgets.
- Enter quotes into the Order Fulfillment database for budgeting and purchase order placement.
- Responsible for placing and revising PO’s, reconciliation of purchase orders to budget.
- Validate vendor delivery schedules and manage procurement schedule.
- Analyze demand; verify pricing against baseline, vendor quotes. Identify non proto typical elements and work with client and vendor for pricing and production scheduling to ensure they can meet store opening schedule.
- Work with Project Managers to set store delivery schedule. Keep detailed records and maintain a well-organized project delivery schedule.
- Degree in business and/or construction preferred
- A minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in purchasing and/or construction
- Strong planning, organization, analytical, attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - can interact with all levels of an organization, internally and externally
- Ability to multi-task, work and complete tasks effectively under minimal supervision, tight time constraints, and periodic high volume circumstances
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Web based communication tools
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Ownership of tasks and ability to make decisions
- Experience with an electronic procurement system (SAP, Ariba, Etc.)
- Ability to communicate effectively with suppliers and customers both written and verbal.
Embree offers a team focused work environment with competitive salaries, performance bonuses, and benefits including medical and 401(k).