Finance / Accounting Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
Finance & Accounting Manager - Ember
Access to elite financial instruments has for too long been the privilege of a few. Ember fund is on a mission to change that. We bring institutional-grade investment opportunities to anyone with a mobile phone and $10.
The Ember app provides a full suite of crypto portfolios in just a few taps. We bring easy access to an obscure and complex investing vehicle known as DeFi. A vehicle that despite its obscurity, holds the opportunity for immense wealth creation. Potential that we believe should be accessible to all.
Think rockstar investment teams and cutting-edge quant algorithms that beat the industry, all on your phone. Our crypto portfolios combine quant-driven strategies, fractionalized NFTs, yield farming, and indexes that tap into the finest crypto asset classes. Getting you in and out of crypto at the right time to maximize your returns.
Our all-star team combines early members from TikTok, GumGum, Blockfolio, Acorns, and Google.
We’re seeking a talented product and growth analyst to lead and accelerate D2C growth.
We have just scratched the surface and are looking to 10x volume this year. You will be at the helm of this growth. You will lead the growth effort through research and analytics, driving strategy with the CEO, CTO, and head of growth. In this sense, you will be responsible for the building and success of a business. An incredible opportunity for the right person looking to make their mark in the world of decentralized finance.
You will not just answer questions, but direct us to ask the right questions. You care about the customer, user experience, market share, combining business and user value to build a truly compelling product experience.
The Finance & Accounting Manager at Ember will be a key leader on the finance team and will be responsible for the strategic direction and execution of our financial planning, reporting, analysis, audit, and tax work. The individual will work with our external partners and be tasked with developing the internal team with the right people, processes, and technology to meet the expanding needs of the company.
The individual role will work directly with C-Suite on our ongoing initiatives. We think this is an excellent opportunity for a leader who knows how to scale financial operations and wants to do interesting work in a cutting edge industry. The perfect candidate is someone who is looking for a place to develop the skills to be a future CFO in the industry.
Outside of Finance – the role will have ample opportunity to wear multiple-hats and support the business as it scales – one area would be supporting our CIO on treasury management and agricultural needs (yield-farming).
- Manage financial close processes and prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements with continuous improvements in clarity and accuracy in the reporting packages quarter-over quarter.
- Direct all aspects of accounting operations, overseeing all transactions related to the general ledger.
- Partner with the leadership team to determine accounting and tax implications for all material business decisions.
- Work with the executive leadership team on a monthly basis presenting financial results, or in the preparation of the Board of Directors materials.
- Own the relationship and be the primary liaison with external auditors.
- Drive the quarterly reviews and annual audit cadence.
- Implement infrastructure and complete the company's first external audit.
- Support Banking Relationships.
- Develop and implement processes for tracking invested assets, managing cash and overall crypto exposure.
- Tax & Admin:
- Address global growth ambitions in a tax efficient manner.
- Manage tax compliance, audits and disputes.
- Manage company’s equity tracking software.
- Implement systems and processes allowing the company to scale its finance functions.
- 4+ years of work experience with 2+ in a startup environment.
- BA/BS degree, MBA/CPA a plus.
- Capable of implementing and scaling operational systems and processes implementation.
- Growth mindset that prioritizes continuous operational improvement and service excellence.
- Prefer to execute hands-on to learn quickly and achieve wins in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with cryptocurrency is a plus.
- Competitive Compensation (salary, equity, and tokens)
- Work from home stipend
- 401(k) & Crypto Savings
- Unlimited vacation policy (with mandatory minimums)
- Paid lunches
- Wellness stipend
- Book and education budget
- Semester off-site company trips
Ember is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressLos Angeles, CA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Ember Fund