Director of Catering
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
As Director of Catering at Embassy Suites Chicago Naperville, you would be responsible for contracting and executing both corporate and social events including food, beverage, and event facilities in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
The ideal candidate must have related hospitality experience, a positive can-do attitude, passion for service and creativity with superior written and verbal communication skills. We are a collaborative, fast-paced team looking for a self-motivated person to join us, learn, and quickly grow their career.
- Hilton Sales/Catering experience
- Delphi/FDC Experience
- Strong Food and Beverage/Sales/Events Culinary background
- Prepare proposals for prospective customers to explain, negotiate, and book catering business
- Meet customers and conduct property tours to promote facilities and services
- Utilize discretion and authority to negotiate contracts with customers and vendors
- Manage the customer relationship including drafting proposals and contracts, responding to inquiries, as well as organizing all arrangements as they relate to executing corporate and social meetings and events
- Direct and collaborate logistics with all affected departments and team members responsible for event execution (Banquet Event Orders)
- Provide consultation to ensure we create unforgettable experiences within budget
- Creatively design and detail menus and events to maximize revenue and event experience
- Review customer checks and department charges and files to ensure accuracy
- Ensures that contracts, menus, letters, and reports are completed according to Embassy Suites Chicago Naperville standards
- Follow-up with customers by sending thank you notes and rebooking when possible
- Compile Food and Beverage post event reports as well as accurate catering forecasts
Powered by JazzHR
FoodView all jobs at Embassy Suites
Get fresh Director of Catering jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.