- $20 to $23 Hourly
Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Central Park is seeking for a highly enthusiastic individual to be our PM -Maintenance Engineer. The best candidate will have engineering/maintenance experience in Hospitality, extensive pool knowledge, and the ability to create and maintain a preventative maintenance book and checklist for every shift.
Responsible for the preventative and repair of the hotel’s mechanical/electrical systems and equipment, and for the general maintenance and upkeep of the physical
plant, FF&E, grounds, swimming pool, etc.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
This description is a summary of primary responsibilities and qualifications. The job description is not intended to include all duties or qualifications that may be required now or in the future. The Hotel operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting times, and hours worked in a week.
- Troubleshoots and repairs malfunction in mechanical or electrical systems (e.g., HVAC, plumbing) and other equipment throughout the hotel.
- Performs preventative maintenance assignments on a schedule basis (e.g., “room care”).
- Services the hotel’s pool, including adjusting chemicals and cleaning filters; completing maintenance request forms and record logs.
- Maintains the building exterior and “curb appeal” (e.g., lawn care, painting, and gardening).
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Follows safety and security procedures and rules.
- Knows department fire prevention and emergency procedures.
- Utilizes protective equipment.
- Reports unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Reports accidents, injuries, near-misses, property damage or loss to supervisor.
- Provides for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules.
- All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance. (Specific standards outlined in team member handbook).
- Assists other Engineering Personnel when needed.
- Perform any related duties as requested by supervisor/manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
The Hotel may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below, when applicable
- Knowledge of all maintenance trades, including basic electrical, plumbing, mechanical and carpentry.
- Basic mechanical aptitude for operation and repair of hotel equipment
- Must be able to recognize potential safety hazards and security problems in the hotel and act upon each accordingly.
- Be willing and able to comply with hotel policies and procedures including appearance and grooming, safety, security, key control and emergency procedures.
- Be skilled in several areas such as HVAC, electrical, carpentry, dry walling, painting, plumbing, roofing, and landscaping.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and repair routine mechanical and electrical malfunctions in hotel systems and equipment.
- Skill in the use of basic hand and electric tools and familiarity with parts and materials is required.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities. High school diploma preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of the layout of the building, sleeping and function rooms.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information.
- Ability to listen effectively, speak, read and write English clearly, as there will be interaction with guests and other team members.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient while maintaining a pleasant cheerful demeanor.
- Ability to follow written and or verbal instructions.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions for duration of shift.
- Must be able to work in hot, cold and wet conditions and be able to stoop, kneel, crawl and climb on all types of surfaces.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders at a rapid pace, up to 30 feet in the air.
- Grasping, lifting and holding tools and having good finger dexterity is required.
- Perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, and walking significant distances between and within buildings on the property.
- Lifting and moving objects up to 100 pounds.
- Frequent twisting, bending, stooping, reaching, standing, walking, talking, hearing, seeing and smiling.
Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Central ParkDenver, CO
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.