Assistant Food & Beverage Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
The Embassy Suites Georgetown is looking for an Assistant F&B Manager with the personality and skills to bring to our stellar F&B Department! We are looking for a candidate who is skilled in the front and heart of the house who can help out in the kitchen as well as the floor.
Our culture fosters teamwork, guest service, and individual accountability. We strive to provide exceptional service, quality, and value to every guest, every time. We are looking to hire the most highly qualified people and provide a competitive benefits package which include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Vacation, Sick and Holiday Pay
- Company Basic Life Insurance
- Company paid Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Company paid Short Term Disability
- Company paid Long term Disability
- 401k Retirement Plan
Principle Responsibilities & Position Purpose:
Assists the F&B Manager with the management, direction and organization of food and beverages operations to maintain high standards of food and beverage quality, service and marketing to maximize profits through outstanding customer service
- Interviews, selects, trains, supervises, counsels, disciplines and participates in the evaluation of restaurant staff employees for the efficient operation of the restaurant.
- Schedules and directs staff in their work assignments.
- Responsible for ensuring that restaurant complies with sanitation and safety standards for guests and employees. Responsible for ensuring that all equipment is in working order. Visually inspects and takes corrective action to ensure that facilities in restaurant look appealing and attractive to guests. Provides guidance for improvement and implements necessary adjustments. Oversees work orders to ensure repairs and maintenance of facility are completed on a timely basis.
- Manages and monitors product quality and guest satisfaction in restaurant. Responsible for ensuring that food quality is consistent, appealing, and prepared to guest specifications. Moves throughout facility and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take corrective action to ensure food quality and service standards are met. Verifies temperatures, judges appearance and taste of products, and checks preparation methods to determine quality. Provides guidance for improvement and implements necessary adjustments. Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on quality of service and food in outlet. Investigates and resolves guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Documents inventory forecast usage and monitors supply so that restaurants are stocked with linen, glassware, silverware, china, condiments and other items necessary to provide appropriate customer service. Oversees set up of dining and service areas.
- Participates in marketing efforts of restaurants, creates menu ideas, surveys competition and reports food trends, and assists in preparation of specials.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all policies and procedures that relate to the restaurant as well as all local, state and federal laws and regulations
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Attend mandatory meetings including divisional meetings, department meetings, staff meetings, etc. This position may participate in the hotel's manager on duty program, which may require occasional weekend stayovers and full responsibility for the hotel.
- Participate in community public relations for the restaurant and the hotel.
- Utilize traditional software programs such as Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint and/or Outlook Express.
- In emergencies, perform in the capacity of any position supervised.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or required.
Standing, bending, stooping, and lifting weights up to and including 100 lbs. may be required. The hospitality business functions seven (7) days a week, twenty-four hours a day. In addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected
- Assimilate into The Hilton Family PRIDE/CARE culture through understanding, supporting and participating in all elements of PRIDE/CARE. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Hilton from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Thorough knowledge of restaurant operations and preparation techniques including culinary operations.
- Knowledge of beverage operations and wines.
- Strong mathematical abilities in order to determine and track inventory, controls, revenue productions, and other hotel financial statements.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing, with guests and employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger and to collect accurate information and to resolve problems.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Interpersonal skills to provide overall guest satisfaction.
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- At least two years experience in related field required.
- At least five years experience in related field preferred.
- Embassy Suites experience preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Food Service Sanitation certification. Alcohol Service permit. CPR certification preferred.
EOE - minorities/Females/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
We are a drug free workplace. Pre-employment background assessment required.
Due to the volume of applicants, we are unable to respond to all applicants. We respectfully request No Phone Calls Please.
Embassy Suites Georgetown
FoodView all jobs at Embassy Suites Georgetown