- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Sales and Catering Coordinator has overall responsibility for providing administrative support for Sales and Catering team and for the efficient and smooth execution of all catering events. Individual must utilize available resources to provide excellent customer satisfaction. Requires knowledge of, and adherence to, hotel’s policies and procedures and all Sales/Catering policies, systems and procedures. The Sales & Catering Coordinator will meet or exceed sales standards, taking corrective action as needed to ensure standards are maintained. Work hours/days vary as directed by the business needs and can include weekends and Holidays.
Administrative support – general
Provided administrative support to the Sales & Catering Sales Manger and Director of Sales and Marketing:
· Established and maintains accurate files and trace system for the hotel
· Maintains Delphi system certification requirements
· Distributes group resumes/BEO and all other pertinent customer communication to insure service
· Answers calls, uncover client needs and forward calls to appropriate sales team member
· Completes daily and weekly sales reports for sales team
Administrative support – SALES
Provides administrative support to the Group Sales Managers:
· Verifies and communicates group daily event guarantees
· Places follow-up calls to clients upon completion of events, sends thank you and comment card.
· Maintains rapport with competitive hotels catering staff to align both hotels to receive overflow referrals
· Completes RFP accordingly and timely when assigned by DOS&M
· Checks for incoming leads on the hour and distributes to sales managers per market guidelines (when assigned this duty by DOS&M)
Administrative support – CATERING
Provides administrative support to the Catering Sales Managers:
· Generates and distributes Banquet Event Orders
· Maintains Banquet Event Orders
· Prepares weekly event packets and distributes to all department proper to weekly BEO meeting
· Coordinates the BEO meeting with all departments to ensure professional execution of events
· Coordinates events
· Works closely with Food & Beverage Managers/Supervisors and Banquet Staff at both hotels to ensure all details are followed as specified by client
· Assists with any event changes and special catering related requests
· Verifies timely completion of contract, credit applications and billing procedures
· Serves as on-site contact for all events
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Two year’s administrative experience or any combination of similar education and experience preferred but not required
· Language Skills: Read, write and speak English fluently. Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests and vendors. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism.
· Technical Skills: Computer skills, including spreadsheets, word processing and email.
· Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, report or schedule form.
· Other Skills & Abilities: Experience in meeting deadlines and multiple priorities of business demands as required. Possess basic knowledge of business contracts. Able to work with general supervision. Operate office equipment such as, but no limited to, printers, fax machine and copiers.
I want to invite you to take a quick assessment to move the process along a bit more quickly. Copy and paste the following link into your internet browser search bar.
We offer competitive pay and benefits , including medical/dental/vision insurance, voluntary life products, a matching 401(k) plan, hotel discounts worldwide, and a chance to work with a great team of talented people.
We are located at: 7001 Yampa St. Denver, CO 80249
COVID-19 considerations: We follow CDC guidelines for protection against COVID-19. Temperature checks and health assessment questionnaire required on every work shift
Embassy Suites Denver International Airport
BusinessView all jobs at Embassy Suites Denver International Airport