DBA Data Warehousing Developer
Embark Corporate Services, LLC Atlanta, GA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Embark General is looking for an experienced Database administrator (DBA) to join our team. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently, be user focused and work well in a team and have a desire for constant improvement of systems and processes. Candidate must be proficient at managing and monitoring a multiple SQL Server environment, including but not limited to backups/ recovery, performance tuning, 24/7 availability, patching and upgrades, planning/install/configuring new SQL Servers, system documentation, security, server auditing and troubleshooting. The goal is to provide a seamless flow of information throughout the company, considering both backend data structure and frontend accessibility for end-users.
Role includes responsibility for the design and development of SQL server data warehouse, various Data Mart SSIS packages and other data structure requests.
- Building database systems of high availability and quality.
- Designing and implementing databases in accordance to end users information needs and views
- Defining users and enabling data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format in timely manner.
- Work effectively within a team environment in order to deliver new functionalities in the Embark General System.
- Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data.
- Minimize database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses.
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards.
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply patches and versions when required.
- Play a role with schema design, code review and SQL query tuning in the design, implementation, and deployment of successful enterprise-level systems.
- Development and maintenance of the database architecture to support business reporting needs.
- Designs, develops, tests, monitors, manages and validates data warehouse data activities including data extraction, transformation, movement, loading, cleansing and updating processes.
- Collaborate with team members, increasing the team’s productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
- Responsible for production support.
- Possess knowledge of Performance, Scalability, Security, Enterprise System Architecture, and Engineering best-practices using Microsoft solutions.
- Strive to understand business context to issues and solutions within and across business groups.
- Proven working experience as a Database Administrator
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications.
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL
- 10+ years of experience PL/SQL
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing and Reporting is an added advantage
- Proven track record of driving or participating in successful implementations of large-scale high-available systems
- Deep hands-on technical expertise in building complex systems
- Detailed technical and functional understanding of enterprise systems. Experience in the Insurance industry a plus.
- Experience with Agile Management will be a plus
- Recognize and adopt best practices in software engineering: design, testing, version control, documentation, build, deployment, monitoring and operations.
- Comfortable with continuous integration and continuous development (CI/CD) concepts, unit testing principles and implementations
- Write very high quality code that is robust and easy to maintain.
- Build flexible systems choosing simple, straightforward solutions over more complex ones.
- Possess knowledge of a broad range of data structures and algorithms and know how, when and when-not to use them.
- Communicate clearly both verbally and in writing, within team and external groups.
Bachelor of Science Degree in one of the following disciplines: Computer Science, Engineering, Accounting/Finance.