The Director of Operations provides leadership and direction to the Theater operations to ensure that all management teams are operating in accordance with policies, goals, and objectives and contributing to enhancing the overall Emagine guest experience. The Director of Operations assists the SDO in the implementation of strategic organization goals that pertain to Emagine; evaluates the effectiveness of management practices, processes and activities; identification of strategic direction, implementation of improvement initiatives, and measuring the effectiveness of quality and process changes; and, works collaboratively with direct reports to deliver on strategic goals and cross-functional collaboration.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the organizations long and short term strategic planning to ensure long and short term objectives are met.
- Provides leadership to the management teams including daily organizational operations and directing internal operations to achieve budgeted results and other metrics.
- Works collaboratively with direct reports to establish, monitor, and ensure delivery on strategic goals that align with established objectives of the organization.
- Supports the overall process of management and corporate decision-making to ensure the organization maximizes its short, medium and long term profitability and returns.
- Develops a broad and deep knowledge of all Emagine programs and provides creative solutions to organizational and operational challenges that directly impact operations.
- Works with the SDO to evaluate the effectiveness of management practices, processes and activities; recommends or otherwise ensures appropriate measures are taken to maximize the performance of all operations.
- Works with the SDO to produces timely, accurate, and complete reports on the state of operations to the CEO
- Fosters effective communication, accountability, and ownership; supports an organizational culture that promotes initiative, appropriate risk-taking, learning, creativity, cooperation, equality, and mutual respect.
- Proactively identifies internal opportunities and challenges and works with the Executive and Management Team and other appropriate staff to maximize opportunities and effectively resolve challenges.
- Initiate and implement quality improvement activities in collaboration with SDO and the Operations team. Make recommendations to leadership on quality performance and recommend solutions to drive support, accountability, and commitment to continuous improvement efforts.
- Organize, lead, and facilitate process improvement methodologies that will enhance our internal and external guest experience. Work across the organization to educate and train employees on their impact throughout Emagine.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate data to ensure effectiveness of quality improvement changes
- Other duties may be assigned.
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of direct employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:Project Management -
Develops project plans; coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget; manages project team activities.Visionary Leadership
- Displays passion and optimism; inspires respect and trust; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others.Business Acumen -
Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.Organizational Support -
Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.Strategic Thinking -
Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university, preferably a degree in Business Management and/or Hospitality or equivalent experience. Five to ten years’ experience in a Senior Level Leadership (General Manager or Senior Manager) in a Theater, Retail or Hospitality environment or an equivalent role. Three to seven years demonstrated in Financial Planning, Strategy, and Managing Profitability.Performance Measurements
- Theater operation functions are efficiently, accurately, and effectively performed in accordance with established policies and standards.
- Organizational budgets are identified, monitored and in line with projected goals.
- Good working relationships and coordination exist with the theatre management teams.
- Financial reports are accurate and forecasts are reported timely with actionable items.
- Good business relations exist with clients, vendors, trade professionals, etc.
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office. Point of Sale and back office systems knowledge preferred. Vista knowledge a plus.Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. Work hours could be 50 plus hours a week. Traveling to the theaters can include up to 50% of the time.Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.