- Posted: 5 days ago
Founded over 40 years ago, Emagination STEM Camps is a day and overnight summer camp designed for children interested in science and technology. We are building a team of energetic, outgoing and friendly adults to work together to deliver an innovative tech education, blended with an awesome summer camp experience!
Join our team as a Network Administrator and spend your summer improving your skills while making new friends and helping children develop. Work and live at two different college/academy campuses - Housing, Meals and Transportation from the first to second camp location is provided by Emagination STEM Camps.
- The adventure begins Jun 27th at Marymount University in Arlington, VA for training and two, fun and tech filled weeks of camp. (June 27 - July 15th)
- Then travel with your team to Fairfield University, in Fairfield, CT for four additional weeks of camp (July 15 - Aug 12th)
Network Administrator Responsibilities:
- Work with Emagination's CTO to set up and maintain a campus network of 60-100 machines
- Daily backup and archive of camper work
- Note and track any equipment that is added, returned or replaced
- Perform diagnostics and maintenance on network or workstations as needed
- Attend staff training week and complete all online pre-camp training
- Live on campus with our campers and be responsible for their well-being during the day, evening and on the weekend - Provide supervision, care and nurturing
- Teach tech workshops (curriculum provided) to campers ages 8-17 in a classroom setting 1:10 counselor to camper ratio
- Lead recreation and other program activities including outdoor physical games, board and card games, computer-based activities and off-campus trips
- Additional responsibilities assigned as required
- Available to reside on location for a period of 5-7 weeks of employment depending on campus
- Must be at least 18 years old by June 1
- Successfully pass applicable background screenings and provide verifiable references
- Prior experience working with children, preferably in a summer camp environment
- Desire to lead games, songs, classes, and other activities with groups of children
- Use Emagination's provided curriculum to teach two or more courses:
- 3D Modeling Printing-Blender
- 3D Animation-Blender
- 2D Cartoon Animation-Blender
- AR Snapchat Lens Studio
- Graphic Design-GIMP
- Web Design - HTML5, XAMPP, PHP, CSS, and WordPress
- Tech-Style Designs-Cricut Design Space/GIMP
- Strategy Game Design-Warcraft Three
- Unreal Game Design-Unreal
- Action Game Design-Game Maker
- Minecraft World Design-Minecraft
- Unity 2D - Unity
- Dungeons and Dragons
- Coding Basics-Python/Pycharm
- Roblox Studio (Lua)
- Bricklinks Studio
- Critical Thinking and Logic
- Robotics with mBot
- RC Cars
- Earn a weekly salary plus free housing and meals.
- Receive high-quality training in teaching, team building, child behavior, and time management.
- Develop in demand soft skills in interpersonal, communication, listening, time management, problem-solving, leadership, and empathy -all impressive credentials on a resume.
- In some instances, your experience with Emagination will also qualify for college credit as a paid internship (talk with a school counselor for details).
- Working at camp is no ordinary summer job -experience the satisfaction of mentoring the next generation of video game enthusiasts, digital artists, programmers and engineers. Feel good about what you do this summer and have a blast while doing it!
If you are a high energy, friendly and tech-savvy individual who enjoys being around kids, can work in a group and communicate effectively, and you want to have fun this summer - this is the job for you!!
Emagination STEM Camps
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?