Assistant Camp Director
- Expired: January 30, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Make your summer matter by leading a team that prepares kids and teens for the future of technology!
Emagination STEM Camps is looking for energetic, outgoing, and fun, seasonal Assistant Camp Directors driven to make a difference in the lives of campers who are passionate about technology. Celebrating over 40 years at 6 US campus locations - Emagination Tech Camps delivers an innovative tech education that merges seamlessly with an awesome summer camp experience.
Be part of an amazing travel team and spend your summer at two different college/academy campuses. The adventure begins with a week of training at Lake Forest Academy in Lake Forest, IL followed by four, fun and tech filled weeks of camp. Then travel with your team to the beautiful campus of Bentley University, in Waltham, MA for two additional weeks of camp. Work and live onsite in air-conditioned dorms with meals provided by the host campuses. Transportation from the first to second camp location is provided by Emagination STEM Camps.
As an Assistant Camp Director, your goal is to create a memorable and meaningful experience where campers can learn, play and grow in a safe and caring environment. Assistant Directors support the camp Director in overseeing the daily operations of camp including health services, camper/staff supervision, and behavior management, and take a lead role in implementing and executing program activities, special events and our teen leadership program.
If you are a friendly camp professional who enjoys being around kids and technology, can interact and communicate effectively with campers, staff and parents, and you want to have fun this summer - this is the job for you!!
Our Ideal Candidate...
- Has the ability to help children grow in character, experiences and insights
- Is knowledgeable and has expertise program planning
- Safeguards the health and well-being of campers and staff at all times
- Is capable of sustaining energy for participation in a full day's schedule worth of activities
- Cares and is dedicated - which means going the extra mile for a camper or staff member
- Has the ability to make decisions and the flexibility to adjust plans in real-time
- Is a natural mentor with the skills to lead a team
- Effectively communicates and has public speaking ability
Assistant Camp Director Responsibilities:
- Attend staff training week and complete all online pre-camp training
- Live on campus with our campers and counselors and be responsible for their well-being during the day, evening and on the weekend - Provide supervision, care and nurturing
- Coordinate all non-tech aspects of our program: recreation, evening program, and special events
- Organize, distribute and maintain all activity supplies and equipment
- Organize campers into groups as needed for program activities
- Observe activities and ensure the quality delivery of recreation curriculums and program schedules
- Lead our Teen Leadership Program - teach leadership training workshops; assign tasks, leaders and groups; guide participants through the planning and execution of evening program activities, off campus trips and more
- Perform a variety of tasks as assigned by the camp director including create staff schedules, communicate with parents, manage camper behavior, supervise staff and program areas, organize/group campers and staff, inventory and equipment management
- Additional responsibilities assigned as required
- Prior administrative / leadership experience at residential summer camp or similar environment
- Prior experience working with children, teens and young adults
- Experience supervising and managing a team
- Hold or be willing to acquire CPR, AED and First Aid Certification
- Strong leadership and organization skills
- Capability to relate to youth and adults in a positive manner
- Desire to plan and lead games, songs, classes, and other activities with groups of children
- Paycheck - Weekly salary paid every two weeks via direct deposit
- Room and Board - Housing, meals, internet, and utilities are covered which means extra money in your pocket
- College Credit or Internship- You may be eligible for college credit or able to use camp as an independent study, practicum, or internship experience. Ask your advisor or professor at your school how the skills you will learn directly relate to your major and how they will make you a stronger job candidate
- Leadership - you will be supervising groups of 10-20 others, engaging in decision making, behavior management and living ethics- all necessary leadership skills
- Networking Opportunities - connections made at camp can lead to possible internships, future job opportunities and lifelong friends
- 21st Century Skills- communication, collaboration, critical thinking, creativity and contribution skills and traits that can draw an employer's attention to your resume
Learn More About Emagination STEM Camps
Employment Type: TEMPORARY
Emagination STEM Camps
175 Forest StWaltham, MA
Get fresh Christian Camp Director jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.