Our client is leading in fighting hunger in the state of Indiana and a member of Feeding America. They were founded 1980 and since then has distributed 360 million pounds of food and grocery products to Hoosiers in need.
What's In It For You
This is a temp to hire opportunity located on the SW side of Indianapolis with main tasks of shipping product, order fulfillment, and various warehouse duties. The Warehouse Shipping Associate will work a schedule of 6am-2:30pm, Monday through Friday. The starting rate of pay as an Elwood Associate is $13.00/hr, and once you are hired full time to the client is goes to $13.50/hr and you would be eligible for the client’s great benefits!
Warehouse Shipping Associate Details
- Perform various warehouse functions including product receipt, loading and unloading of semis and box trucks, put-away, replenishment, order-fulfillment (by both case and pallet quantities), prepare product for distribution (including wrapping pallets and labeling orders), and ship product to final customer.
- Responsible for assisting and/or leading groups of volunteers.
- Work safely and accurately with minimal supervision.
- Ensure all food safety policies and procedures are followed in daily duties.
- Complete all other duties as assigned.
- Use of a forklift
Warehouse Shipping Associate Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience
- Prior experience performing warehouse functions
- Experience with manual and electronic warehouse documentation tools including RF scanners
- Forklift and pallet jack experience and certification (or ability to be certified)
- Prior experience in customer service is desired
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, written communication skills
- Ability to read, write and to understand instructions
- Ability to communicate professionally and respectfully with all staff members, agencies, volunteers, and donors
- Ability to perform basic math functions, (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division)
- Ability to count accurately and maintain accurate records
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Ability to execute instructions with exacting (100% compliance) attention to detail
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and celebrate diversity at all levels of our organization.
How to Apply: Visit, email, call, or text us today! Walk-ins are welcome!
Feel free to apply online at elwoodstaffing.com!
7015 Kentucky Ave. Suite 104 Camby, IN 46113