- Up to $30 an hour D.O.E
- Weekly Pay 40+ hours a week 6
- AM -2:30PM Monday - Friday + OT as needed
- Medical, Dental Vision and other great benefits and incentives
- Permanent position, this is not seasonal
Primary Responsibilities for Pipefitter:
- Selects type and size of pipe and related materials and equipment, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to job specifications.
- Plans sequence on installation to avoid obstructions and activities of other workers.
- Cuts pipe using hacksaw, pipe cutter, hammer and chisel, cutting torch and pipe cutting machine.
- Threads pipe using threading machine.
- Bends pipe by hand or with pipe-bending tools and machine.
- Mounts pipe hangers and brackets on walls and ceiling to hold pipe.
- Assembles and installs a variety of metal or nonmetal pipes and pipe fittings, using threaded caulked, soldering, brazen, fused, or cemented joints, and hand tools.
- Secures pipes to structure with bracket, clamps, and hangers, using hand and power tools.
- Installs and maintains refrigeration and air conditioning systems, including compressors, pumps, meter, pneumatic and hydraulic controls and piping
- Test piping systems for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and observing gauges attached to pipes for indication of leaks.
- Welds pipe supports to structural steel members.
- May observe production machines in assigned area of manufacturing facility to detect machinery malfunctions.
- May operate machinery to verify repair.
- Performs minor maintenance of cleaning activities of tools and equipment.
- Respiratory protection is common and may be required.
- Pipefitters must have experience in assembling, welding and installing process piping systems and supports.
- Piping experience for both underground and above ground systems are required.
- Experience with industrial production, process equipment and systems a plus.
Principal Career Level for Pipefitter:
- Receives direct supervision.
- Performs technical responsibilities.
- Contributes to the development and improvement of concepts, techniques and procedures.
- Coordinates own tasks with a specific range of responsibilities under established procedures.
- Contributes to a team under general supervision of an experienced professional or manager.
Accountability for Pipefitter:
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- All employees are accountable for safety and health and are empowered to stop work if an unsafe condition is present.
- Employees should immediately notify their supervisor so that the hazard may be corrected.
- Employees and subcontractors are required to implement and maintain all safety and health systems practices including the training requirements, shop specific orientation, CPR/First Aid/AED / Blood-borne Pathogens, Hazard Identification and Reporting, and OSHA 10.
- Knowledge of hand tools
- Knowledge of pipefitting
- Self Starter able to follow direction
- Own PPE
- 1-5 years of experience in the industry
- Reliable transportation to and from various work sites
- Pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment
- Candidates may be subject to criminal background check
Elwood Tradesmen is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we celebrate diversity at all levels in our organization.
Text us, Email us, Visit us or Call us!!!
Send resumes to email@example.com
Visit us in person at
234 E 6400 S
Murray, UT 84107