The Quality Control Technician's role is to perform laboratory/quality functions by testing, collecting data, and analyzing findings on raw materials and finished goods. Comply with FDA, USDA, and GMP policies. Carry out special projects as needed. Perform all tasks in a safe manner to ensure achievement of Quality, Service, and Cost objectives. Comply with all standard operating procedures and requirements under the Quality System. This role has a responsibility for ensuring both food safety and quality of Chobani product.
Elwood and Chobani Benefits:
- $14.00 per hour
- Weekly paychecks
- Elwood Staffing medical/dental package
- 12 hour rotating shifts
- Advancement potential
- Day and night shift
Responsibilities for Manufacturing Workers include:
- Prepare in-process and finished product samples.
- Perform analytical testing using instrumental and wet chemistry procedure.
- Enter and report data using established Laboratory Procedures.
- Troubleshoot and perform basic maintenance for lab instrumentation.
- Analyze incoming ingredients, blends, and finished product to meet specifications.
- Perform microbiological analysis on finished product, incoming ingredients and environmental swabbing.
- Collect samples for micro forced life and shelf-life samples.
- Monitor and inspect production lines to ensure that quality and package integrity are within specifications.
- Complete all documentation associated with quality checks and QC daily reports.
- Ability to research historical data when required and report findings.
- Place raw materials and finished product on hold.
- Monitor sorting of hold product as needed.
- Monitor all quality checks performed by production.
- Set up analytical equipment and perform required daily calibrations.
- Prepare standard solutions and reagents as required.
- Utilize proper chemical handling procedures.
- Maintain laboratory supply inventory.
- Maintain equipment and area cleanliness to ensure compliance with all GMP standards.
- Assist processing and production as required.
- Follow Chobani’s safety procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices
Qualified Manufacturing Workers would possess the following:
- College degree in a related Science field such as Chemistry or Biology or a minimum of 2 years laboratory experience preferred or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and familiarity with moderate computer skills.
- Ability to perform basic laboratory skills in a safe manner.
- Familiarity with basic lab equipment and glassware.
- Ability to understand, record and communicate technical data.
- Ability to work independently or in a group with minimal supervision.
- Ability to detect color changes in chemical testing.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts or other work schedules as determined by business need, including weekends or overtime as required. Must be certified on the training plan for this position within six months of start date.
- Pre-employment drug screen is required as a condition of employment.
- Applicants may be subject to a background check. *A conviction record will not necessarily prevent you from being employed. You will be required to complete and submit a questionnaire.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we celebrate diversity at all levels of our organization.
Walk-ins always welcome!
663 Blue Lakes Boulevard North
Twin Falls, Idaho 83301