Pay: $18.00 /hour
Bookkeeper needed for a well-established accounting firm in Hillsdale, MI. Starting pay is $16-$18 based on experience. The position is temp-to-direct after 520-hours.
What's in it for you?
Starting pay is $16-$18 based on experience
Hours are Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
Hours during tax season: Monday-Thursday, 8am-6pm, Friday, 8am-5pm, and Saturday, 8am-noon
Once hired in, company offers health insurance, 401k, vacation, PTO, life insurance, and holiday pay.
The position is temp-to-direct after successfully completing 520 hours.
- Reconciling the company’s bank statements and bookkeeping legers.
- Managing income and expenditure accounts.
- Generating the company’s financial reports using income and expenditure data.
- Filing and remitting taxes and other financial obligations.
- Initiating and managing financial and accounting software used by the company Thomson Reuters (Ulter Tax/ACS/QuickBooks)
- Prepare income tax returns.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years accounting, bookkeeping, and tax experience.
- High school diploma and/or GED is required.
- Must be proficient in MS Office.
- Previous experience working with tax and accounting software is preferred.
- Applicant may be subject to a background check
- Pre-employment drug screen is required as a condition of employment
*A conviction record will not necessarily prevent you from being employed. You will be required to complete and submit a questionnaire. We will consider your age at the time of the offense, when the offense occurred, the seriousness and the nature of the offense, as well as any rehabilitation to determine your employability.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and celebrate diversity at all levels of our organization.
Visit, email, call, or text us today! Walk-ins are welcome! !
3232 Carleton Road
Hillsdale, MI 49242
*see above for qualifications