Elwood Tradesmen is now hiring a Balancing Machine Operator / Balancer in Valencia, CA.
Balancing Machine Operator / Balancer needed for innovative company in Valencia, CA. Apply today for this great job opportunity!
- Great long-term opportunity
- Opportunity to work with innovative technology
- $15-23(+) DOE
- 1st shift availability
- Weekly Paycheck
Job Duties for Balancing Machine Operator:
- Operate balancing machine to locate points of imbalance on parts, such as spindles, impeller wheels, armatures, rotors, and steam engine flywheels, and balances parts by removing excess metal, using hand tools and power tools, adding metal, using soldering and welding equipment
- Slides drive belt over shaft of workpiece or moves drive wheel against workpiece to connect power source that rotates workpiece.
- Moves controls of machine to locate points of imbalance indicated by light beam from strobe lamp on identification marks of workpiece, position of wave crest of trace pattern on oscilliscope screen, or readings on wattmeter and protractor dial.
- Drills, grinds, chips, and files metal from heavy side, or welds, solders, or rivets metal pieces to light side to correct imbalance, using power drills and grinders, hand file, and soldering and welding equipment.
Requirements for Balancing Machine Operator / Balancer:
- 5-8+ years of hands on experience with training certificate from a reputable balancing machine manufacturer
- Knowledgeable in CNC programming will be an added advantage.
- Ability to read and intepret blueprints, and use of basic shop math
- Proficiency in a variety of precision measuring tools is required
- Can make drawing/illustration for the balancing set up and for the required shafting
- Regulary required to stand, walk, and balance, use hands and fingers to handle, feel, grasp, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, crouching, talking and hearing.
- Occassionally lift, move, push, pull, up to 50lbs.
- Pre-employment drug screen is required as a condition of employment
For immediate consideration, please email resumes to:
Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we celebrate diversity at all levels of the organization