Hiring Experienced Automotive Service Technicians, C Class and A Class in Lafayette, LA
Automotive Service Technicians function as a skilled-level technician who is able to perform diagnoses and repairs in all areas, in addition to being specialized in particular areas of repair and who has previously worked as a B-Class general service technician.
Pay is based on experience $15.00-$28.00 an hour
Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnoses cause of any malfunction and performs repair.
- Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Saves and tags parts from the job, if under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Examines assigned vehicle using Full Circle Inspection sheet to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended.
- Communicates with service advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time.
- Documents all work performed and recommended on the repair order.
- Road tests vehicles when required. • Participates in manufacturer-sponsored training programs, schools and events.
- Keeps abreast of manufacturer technical bulletins.
- Supervises work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
- Reports machinery defects or malfunctions to supervisor.
- Ensures that customers' cars are kept clean. Notifies service advisor immediately of anything that has happened to change the appearance or condition of the vehicle.
- Keeps shop area neat and clean.
- Maintains and is accountable for all dealership-owned tools and manuals. Returns them to the proper place and in the same condition as they were received.
- Understands, keeps abreast of and complies with federal, state and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know etc.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Reports any safety issues immediately to management.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Automotive Service Technician Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to be considerred for the Service Technician.
- Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Reasoning Ability
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certifications
- Automatic Transmission/Transaxle Certification for Auto/Light Truck
- Brakes Certification for Auto/Light Truck • Electrical/Electronic Systems Certification for Auto/Light Truck • Engine Performance Certification for Auto/Light Truck
- Engine Repair Certification for Auto/Light Truck
- Heating and Air Conditioning Certification for Auto/Light Truck
- Manual Drive Train and Axle Certification for Auto/Light Truck
- Suspension and Steering Certification for Auto/Light Truck Damage Analysis and Estimating Certification for Collision Repair
- Workplace Hazardous Materials
- Certified Import Technician preferred
Pre-employment drug screen is required as a condition of employment.
Applicant may be subject to a background check
Applicant may be subject to a Motor Vehicle Report
Call Us | Text Us | Email Us | Walk Ins Welcome
337.235.2242 | Lafayette.La@elwoodstaffing.com